Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

save4eg

<--more!--> tag customize

save4eg

Hello! 

I want to delete "Read more" text in posts, and need to change properties of <--more!--> tag in theme DMS. Where it can be changed in DMS?

Sorry for my english...

Sorry for my english. Grammar for me is a big trouble :)

Rob

Try adding this to your custom code, but please, check your site to see what other implications it may have. 

.continue_reading_link {
   display: none;
}

Let us know if that works.

There doesn't seem to be a setting I can find.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Erwan

Try adding this to your custom code, but please, check your site to see what other implications it may have. 

.continue_reading_link {
}

It works for me, with or without #site overriding ID.

But t's it of course radical and sitewide as far as I'm aware: all DMS excerpts won't show the link, including those used in the PostPins section for instance, or if you insert some <!--more--> quicktags mentioned by @save4eg in some posts to "customize" their excerpt.

Same result btw using a DMS action hook (in child theme functions.php):

add_action( 'continue_reading_link', 'remove_continue_reading_link' );
    function remove_continue_reading_link(){
    return '';
}

save4eg

.continue_reading_link {
}

Like Erwan wrote it works, but not for all sections on site.

Example: it works for Content\post loop, but doesn't work for widgetized areas with featured posts inside of it. Maybe it is mine "Featured Posts" plugin trouble...

Erwan

save4eg

Seems logical to me at first sight. Both methods mentioned above use "continue_reading_link" which is a DMS core CSS class and a DMS core hook (said differently: does not belong to WP core), hence targeting only DMS sections whatever they are. Your plugin use one way or another one of the WP functions to display excerpts, and has its specific functions and CSS.

For instance, I use the Special Recent Posts plugin: I get rid of the "[...]" at the end of the excerpts with:

.a.srp-widget-stringbreak-link {

}

Tell us if you manage to do it with the plugin you use (no idea which one it is), so that Rob can mark the topic as solved ;).

Rob

save4eg

Your request to remove the Read More link only deals with the blog postings.  It doesn't affect plugins, widgets, or anything you'll add into the sidebar, footer, etc. If you have anything like that, you have to inspect the element in a tool like Firebug for Firefox, and find the CSS used for that link.  That will let you apply display: none; and remove the link.

Erwan

Not everyone knows how to use hooks, so it would probably be best to use CSS solutions only, without confusing the issue with added processes most will not understand.  If you do refer people to a hook, please also refer them to the docs page so that they will have a basic knowledge of them.   Thanks for understanding.  Well done!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

save4eg

save4eg

Seems logical to me at first sight. Both methods mentioned above use "continue_reading_link" which is a DMS core CSS class and a DMS core hook (said differently: does not belong to WP core), hence targeting only DMS sections whatever they are. Your plugin use one way or another one of the WP functions to display excerpts, and has its specific functions and CSS.

For instance, I use the Special Recent Posts plugin: I get rid of the "[...]" at the end of the excerpts with:

.a.srp-widget-stringbreak-link {

}

Tell us if you manage to do it with the plugin you use (no idea which one it is), so that Rob can mark the topic as solved ;).

Problem solved :) That was a Stupid Plugin) Erwan"] @[member="Rob, Thank you!

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.