Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

RevSlider optimal size in box

sheilahoff

I searched first about RevSlider and found a guideline for the optimal slide size to be 2000x800px. But since we're not using it full-width rather in a box can I assume the optimal is the largest width of my site? And is the aspect ratio critical for it to work? Meaning the default in my site measures out at 1119x478. Could I make them all 1119x 300 and be OK or must it be that tall? Dev site is at www.etc.hoffmangraphics.com and it currently still has the default slider in it. I want some guidelines before messing with it. Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

atcdomainsolutions
Sheila, for sites where I used a different size for the slider, I just used the exact width/height of the slider and updated all of my images in Gimp to those exact dimensions and it displays perfectly. I THINK when I tried NOT making my images not as tall when I initially played with them, they ended up having a little distortion.

sheilahoff

Thanks James! That distortion is what I wanted to avoid. I've never used Gimp but it looks like it just does the stuff I do in Photoshop. Are we going to connect here in Seattle sometime?!

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle