This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Menus floating all over the place, won't stay put, drag and drop not working

2 posts in this topic

Just started using DMS. I see some potential but lots of frustration at the moment.

I am using the latest version of DMS and my account is connected.

The menu floats and is resizeable but it never stays in place. I can't get it to stay put:

I also tried to "drag and drop" postpins for example and the drag and drop feature isn't working. I can drag an element to a "blue highlighted box" but the element doesn't "drop".

I deactivated all plugins and that still didn't help.

Should I get using "pageslines sections" and "custom pagelines" plugins for DMS?

Any ideas?

David, you shouldn't need pagelines-sections or pagelines-customize for this.

Your screencast shows the sections available, but I'm lost when you say they're floating all over.  Are you adding them into the principle areas in the template, they shouldn't float.  Could you explain what happens in more detail, step by step? I'll try to duplicate it.

• Similar Content

• Wordpress menus scrambled & disappear
      By JawDesigns+
      Hi everyone,
      I was hoping someone could help. Firstly all my websites are DMS and all hosted on Flywheel. Recently I have noticed that on my sites including fresh installs with only DMS and a few DMS sections the main wordpress menus are disappearing when I hover them in the dashboard. This looks really flakey and I am not sure why. I have tried disabling the plugins but this does not help me.
      Please see screen grab. Has anyone seen this?
      Thanks, James

• Sub menus not working..
      By create
      I have a problem with sub menus with my main nav. I basically have a top-level nav called 'products' and custom sub heading called 'Everyday' with a sub menu from that, but for some reason - its not working.
      I can't understand why, it should be seamless *or* is there something within the framework that prevents this?
      See the attached screenshots showing how the menu is structured and should be (back-end) and what its doing front end.
      Grateful for any pointers
    • I really do need some help!
      By PeterBuilt
      I posted two different questions earlier, and I am having a lot of trouble with DMS 2.
      Every time I make a change to one page absed on a specific DMS 2-template the rest of my website is affected, some loses all styling, some loses sections.
      I am using Polylang for translations. For this I have made a number of custom menus in different languages.
      When I try to make the English version use the English menu all the other language pages are set to use the english menu.
      This is no good - I am really frustrated.
      I am almost sure part of the blame falls on me - I must be doing something wrong.
      Can you please help me out - thanks.
    • Custom menus
      By PeterBuilt
      Hi Pagelines support,
      I have a client who wants to have an fairly high number of landing pages, (product pages), each with a separate unique menu.
      He wants at least 40-50 of such pages each with a separate menu assigned.
      Can that high a number of menus be assigned in DMS 2?
      Do you have an idea on how to achieve this?
      thank you
      best regards
    • Menus - manage locations
      By PeterBuilt
      Hi DMS 2 forum,
      I am trying to understand how the Manage Locations in WordPress works with DMS 2.
      I have made custom main menus for three different language versions and I have assigend the proper language versions in the Manage locations section in the WP menu controlpanel.
      As I understand the menus should only be shown on the corresponding language versions, (I use Polylang plugin) - even if the menus on the DMS 2 templates are set globally above the Template line - but maybe I'm wrong.
      There's no way I can get the proper menu to display on the proper pages.
      Whenever I select a specific menu that same menu is displayed globally on the entire website.
      I hope someone can help me out.