Sign in to follow this  
dawnsnewdaymaccom

Background Themes/PL Pro III Menu

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Three Issues: 1. I upgraded to SP3 and my background theme disappeared. What code do I use to have the same background theme placed on all pages? Is this done in the CSS style sheet? I had the same problem with SP2. 2. How do I change the front page menu so that all name blocks are on the same line. There is space available because the search bar is not shown, but several blocks have dropped to form a 2nd menu directly under the first. 3. I want to eliminate the footer default that shows categories and PageLines logo. Thanks!

catrina

1. By background theme, are you just referring to the background image or color? 2. Can you send me a link to your site so I can take a look? 3. To eliminate the footer default, you can add this code to the CSS Rules box in your Theme Options:

#footer {display: none}

(This only hides the footer, so if you want it back, just delete the code and it will return)

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Yes, thanks. http:www.prallagon.com Background is tan image (.jpg). The site is basically for 'talking points', a resource designed to relate to research topics and speeches I will be presenting in a consulting/consultation/advisory capacity. Also, while we work on background and menu, perhaps you can offer suggestions for the following: a. Preparing the 'resources page'; this page will contain research information with links to various sources. Links should not be a problem, but organizing sub-elements maybe. I just need to be pointed in the right direction. b. On the Blog page, can the "Advertise Here" be replaced by .jpg images? c. See Front Page-- How can I create a black three column background on which to place the calendar and two other elements?The black background would be the same size as that above, and positioned just below it. Thanks!

cmunns

For the navigation and footer add this to CUSTOM CSS in the theme settings ` body #nav ul { width:960px; } #footer .content { background:url("images/box-bgr.gif") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #1A1A1A; } #fcolumns_container { background:url("images/fbox-dividers.png") repeat-y scroll left top transparent; } body .fcol {width:290px;} ` As far as background image you will need to locate the URL where the image is located before I can tell you what CSS to use. The "advertise here" images are controlled by the WP125 plugin when you go to create the ads.

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Thanks! CSS works well. But for some reason the menu bar now contains 'Logout'. URL for image location: www.prallagon/stationpro/images/ I want to use same '.jpg' image for background on each page. Minor Tweaks needed: 1. Delete 'Logout' on menu bar 2. Place 'More>' on all flash sliders. Now only on 1-5. 3. Place Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedit to left of Calendar, and place '.jpg' image to its right. Thats all. Thanks a lot for your much needed help.

cmunns

It only contains the logout button if at all when the administrator is logged in (you) The More button will show up automatically if you create a link that each slide goes to. What do you mean with the twitter, facebook, etc.?

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Thanks. You asked for the URL where background image is located so that you could write CSS for placing same image on each page, it is: http://www.prallagon/stationpro/images/ Concerning Twitter, Facebook, etc., I simply wish to place their logos to the left of the calendar.

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Thanks. You asked for the URL where background image is located so that you could write CSS for placing same image on each page, it is: http://www.prallagon/stationpro/images/ Concerning Twitter, Facebook, etc., I simply wish to place their logos to the left of the calendar.

cmunns

that is not a full url to a background... If you need the social media icons in the widget there. I recommend using the text widget instead of the twitter widget you have. Then put this in there ` `

dawnsnewdaymaccom

cmunns stated: "As far as background image you will need to locate the URL where the image is located before I can tell you what CSS to use". For now I want to place same background on all pages, but may changes per page later as experience increases. BlueHost URL to my background image is as follows. If this is not what you are asking, please give example. public_html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/images/background/2_beige026.jpg

catrina

Hello, I tried this URL for the background image but it does not exist: http://www.prallagon.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/images/background/2_beige026.jpg What precedes the "public_html/wp-content/themes/stationpro/images/background/2_beige026.jpg"?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dawnsnewdaymaccom

I still don't understand this URL business. The image file is located in the same place as those used in the slider. Anyway..., in the meantime where can I place code to change page background color? Also: 1. The footer custom CSS above worked well. Now I want to eliminate "t" RSS in the 1st column of footer; 2. Replace PageLines leaf in the footer with my own image. Tried this but nothing appeared; 3. Place images on each side of the calendar (col 1 & col 3), each image to be same size as the calendar and aligned accordingly; 4. Lastly, I want to change the color of "More" in the slider to conform with type color style currently used. The pointer image presents no problem. Thanks!

dawnsnewdaymaccom

I still don't understand this URL business. The image file is located in the same place as those used in the slider. Anyway..., in the meantime where can I place code to change page background color? Also: 1. The footer custom CSS above worked well. Now I want to eliminate "t" RSS in the 1st column of footer; 2. Replace PageLines leaf in the footer with my own image. Tried this but nothing appeared; 3. Place images on each side of the calendar (col 1 & col 3), each image to be same size as the calendar and aligned accordingly; 4. Lastly, I want to change the color of "More" in the slider to conform with type color style currently used. The pointer image presents no problem. Thanks!

Andrew

Hey terry, Do you know how to use FireBug for Firefox? It will address most your issues.

dawnsnewdaymaccom

I tried FireBug twice before and each time experienced displacement of images and change of line spacing. I spent much time correcting problems. So, if it's not too much I would like your assistance to complete the items listed above. Thanks.

catrina

Background Color Change Custom Code > CSS Rules Box Paste the following code...

body {background-color: #YOURCOLORHERE;}
Removing "T" icon next to RSS Theme Options > Footer Options > Twitter Entry In Footer Uncheck the box next to "Show twitter entry above footer" Changing The Leaf Image You will need to e-mail hello[at]pagelines.com and let them know why you want it to be removed/replaced. Images On Either Side of Calendar Appearance > Widgets Drag the "Text" widget on the left side (located inside the "Available Widgets" section) to the "Footer Left" section on the right (make sure that you click the arrow so that the section opens up). Add your image to this widget using `IMAGEURLHERE` (this will be the left image). Now drag the "Text" widget from the left side to the "Footer Right" section on the right and add the `` code again with your image URL for the image you want displayed on the right. Changing "More" Link Color Find
#feature a.featurelink

in the pro.css file in your theme files and change the current hex color (#fff) to whichever color you want.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Catrina, very helpful, thanks. But this is my problem--- The following code was written to place a three column section below the footer (creating a 2nd footer?). The left contains RSS, middle contains a calendar, and the 3rd is blank: body #nav ul { width:960px; } #footer .content { background:url("images/box-bgr.gif") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #1A1A1A; } #fcolumns_container { background:url("images/fbox-dividers.png") repeat-y scroll left top transparent; } body .fcol {width:290px;} I want to hold the calendar in the middle column and place an image in column 1 & 3. When I attempt this using the widgets, the images display in the appropriate columns, but only in the section above and not in the one newly created. In addition, I want modify: body {background-color: #xxxx;} to display a background image on each page. I've had no success with: body {background-image:url('xxxx.jpg');} Also, the Footer Options box IS unchecked but the "T" icon RSS image still appears in the newly created section.

catrina

Just a thought: Perhaps you can get rid of the code that was written to create the three-column section so that you can use only the widgets instead. (There is a way to add the Calendar widget so that it's in the middle) As for the background, what is the full URL for the background image you're inputting? The "T" icon is actually the icon used for the Twitter status update that's displayed (as long as it's enabled). The most ideal solution is to just hide that altogether by pasting this code into the CSS Rules box in Custom Code:

div.fcol_pad {display: none;}

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Catrina, thanks once again. I was able to complete minor tweaks using your suggestions. However, I wish to keep the newly section below the footer and place images within it (See: http://www.prallagon.com). Understanding that widgets will not work in this area, perhaps CSS code would accomplish the task, for which I lack the knowledge. Suggestions, please! Concerning the URL for background image location, I thought the style sheet code could be modified to accomplish the task: } .nobg {} .bggrey {background: transparent url(images/bggrey.jpg) repeat-x 0 0;} .bgblue {background: transparent url(images/bgblue.jpg) repeat-x 0 0;} Prior to upgrade to SP3, both the opening and blog pages displayed the image, never ALL pages. However, after upgrade it simply disappeared. The image, as well as all others used on the site, are located in the password protected Host. Perhaps there are other ways to make them easily accessible?

catrina

If you want a new section below the footer, perhaps adding DIV layers (displayed as 3 columns) to the footer.php file would be the best solution. How did you add the calendar? As for the background image, it is not showing up because the host is password-protected (no images hosted in a password-protected directly can be displayed). Is there a way for you to unprotect the host?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

dawnsnewdaymaccom

Catrina, thanks! I will experiment with DIV. Actually, I've forgotten how I was able to place a calendar in the footer. Perhaps via plugin, or code found that I am now unable to locate. However, I require guidance on the following: (see: http://www.prallagon.com) a. Align and touch logo background on Front Page to top of slider above menu to 'avoid out' large gap between the two; b. Place Facebook, Linkin, etc. at top right of logo background & aligned with its top edge and right corner; c. Place google search to align under photo image on Resources page; d. Images are placed on pages using appropriate code placed in Theme Options & Feature Setup that reference URL on the Host. I mention this because I still don't understand the problem of NOT being able to replace my background color with a background 'image.jpg' on each page.

dawnsnewdaymaccom

To continue- I just attempted to follow your instructions for replacing the PageLine logo with my own and access my preferred URL. But something went wrong. Perhaps you are able to spot what needs correcting. Here are your instructions, then how I changed the code: YOUR INSTRUCTIONS-----: <div id="cred" class="pagelines"> " title="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by PageLines"> " alt="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by PageLines" /> </div> Replace <?php echo THEME_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png';?> in the img tag with the URL to your image of choice and replace <?php e_pagelines('partner_link', pagelines('credlink'));?> in the href tag with your URL. (You should also delete the "by PageLines" text so that the text tool tip you get on mouse-over makes sense.) MY CODE-----: <div id="subfoot"> <?php if(pagelines('no_credit') || !VDEV):?> <div id="cred" class="pagelines"> " title="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by Prallagon"> " alt="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by Prallagon" /> </div> <?php endif;?>

dawnsnewdaymaccom

To continue- I just attempted to follow your instructions for replacing the PageLine logo with my own and access my preferred URL. But something went wrong. Perhaps you are able to spot what needs correcting. Here are your instructions, then how I changed the code: YOUR INSTRUCTIONS-----: <div id="cred" class="pagelines"> " title="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by PageLines"> " alt="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by PageLines" /> </div> Replace <?php echo THEME_IMAGES.'/pagelines.png';?> in the img tag with the URL to your image of choice and replace <?php e_pagelines('partner_link', pagelines('credlink'));?> in the href tag with your URL. (You should also delete the "by PageLines" text so that the text tool tip you get on mouse-over makes sense.) MY CODE-----: <div id="subfoot"> <?php if(pagelines('no_credit') || !VDEV):?> <div id="cred" class="pagelines"> " title="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by Prallagon"> " alt="<?php echo THEMENAME;?> by Prallagon" /> </div> <?php endif;?>