• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
    • Grant Turck
    • Thijs
    • ketri
      By ketri
      Hi,

I noticed that PL5 uses flexbox for it's responsive grid. I think this is awesome. 
      But now there's a project coming in where I know I'll have to support older crappier browsers as well. Any thoughts on this? Should I only use PL5 for project where we're focused on modern browsers? Or should I use custom CSS to insert a float-based fallback grid..? 

Thanks!
    • tdiaz
      By tdiaz+
      When are the docs pages going to refilled? 
      ..and will the content they have replaced be made available somewhere else?
      A bit too far into a DMS2 project to drop it for Platform 5,  but it certainly gives the impression it will be a lot more of a peppy, positive experience, so I'll shoot for that as the second rollout of the site, but until then- the inbuilt links to content (Docs, sections, answers..) in DMS 2 are either 404 or empty. Perhaps a revision that redirects those pages to the old content so it's available where it's needed and not on the current site / product offering where it would could cause confusion and such.
      I will say, I got into Pagelines because my interpretation of it was that it combines the easy (better) parts of NationBuilder, Webly, et al- and allows one to still have ultimate control, where with the aforementioned platforms, you are basically .. SOL. 

-BUT- it took a while for exactly what was going on, what all the pieces were, and what exactly the product really was, to click with me. 
      I might add that, it was looking at the Platform 5 preview that it all started to make sense. Because Platform 5 is not a huge clusterfudge of a pile of stuff that is all essentially the same thing.
      I wanted a theme, (WHP), then I saw the options, "oh, well if I get this, then I have 'more'" as the lineup gave me the impression that I can get "the theme" -or- I can get the theme and the framework, along with the PSDs and similarly related assets. 

Platform 5 doesn't do any of that at all, but rather say "Here I am, this is going to be great!, Let's go!"