Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennyboy

Custom Archive and Single Pages

glennyboy

Hi

I am completely stuck.

I  know that with Pagelines Framework you can use sections and plugins like Any Loop to provide some level of customisation to Custom Post Type, however it doesn't give enough customisation to edit the loop and order of title, thumb, content and indeed generally better layout customisations. Usually you could add archive-cptname.php, single-cptname.php to a theme to get these customisations, but I can't seem to get this to work for Pagelines. Root of this issue is that I cannot work out the pagelines page php plus the pagelines loop / custom post type query to add to either the archive or single page.

Can you please advise how to get full control over single page and archive page.

Thanks

Glennyboy

Rob

The templates can be modified for the archives pages in Framework via Dashboard > PageLines > Drag & Drop.  And a customized template for your pages the same way.

However, the content of the archives is, as you say, structured exactly as you describe. For a supplemental blog-type page or some custom category page, I've used Special Recent Posts to add the loop. It can be customized by category or pull all posts, as you determine.

Not sure if this is going to be much help.  Unfortunately, you can't use that for archives.   I've had some good success using Firebug for Firefox to identify and modify the title, post-meta and thumbnail with CSS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur