Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bhowton

How does Rapid Tabs compute "Popular Posts"?

bhowton

The Popular Posts tab in the RapidTabs feature bears no relation to the actual table of most visited posts. Is it possible the stats it is using are off? Can they be tweaked for better responsivity? To bear a closer resemblance to the truth?

hairydogreview.com

Danny
Hi, The Rapid tabs popular posts ins't related to how many visits the post(s) receives but is based on comments count. As far as I am aware, this is same for all popular posts widgets.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bhowton

Jetpack's Top Posts Widget is based on views. Unfortunately, Jetpack's design is not nearly as eyecatching as this one. It's a shame RapidTabs does not offer the option.

brightonkeller

is there a way to customize the rapid tabs popular posts tab? or could I just delete it entirely and use the other tabs?

Rob

RapidTabs is a pre-structured system.  Thus you cannot really remove a tab.  You can always add any plugin/widget that counts posts.

Scroll down here to find the Tabs: http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes  You should be able to include the shortcode for a different popular posts system in one of the tabs.

The advantage of this is that you can add multiple tabs, each with unique functions and content.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mtaus

Although I love the design around RapidTabs, I'm having a similar issue to those mentioned above. I find the Popular tab to be useless and annoying, since it seems to rank by comments, rather than views. It also seems to be using long-term results, as opposed to the last 7 days for example. 

I'd love to see something more elegant in place, but for the time being I've just made some code changes to display Recent on top of Popular, so it's not so repetitive.