Sign in to follow this  
yamcllc

Can't open eps file that came with developer version

yamcllc

I am trying to open the eps file of the images that came with the PlatformPro developer edition but I get an error trying to open it. I am on Vista using CorelDraw version 13. Normally I can open an eps. Can you provide me with another file?

Andrew

hmm... wonder why... It's being saved out of Illustrator. What format would you need them in?

mrdarcytaylordarcycom

Um, I have Illustrator CS4 and I can't open it either. It tells me it was created using a newer version i.e. CS5 and is incompatible.

karengrovesdesignnet

While you're waiting for a new file, if any of you also have InDesign, you can try this work-around. (Usually works for me, unless there are font issues). Place the EPS into a new InDesign page. Save the page and then export that page as a Press Ready/High Quality PDF. Once that is saved, open the PDF in Illustrator. Works 80% of the time.

cmunns

I just tested this and it worked fine. I'm curious are you guys trying to use it with Mac or Windows, that might matter. As far as legacy versions email me adam[at]pagelines.com and I can get those to you guys.

stevelightscribetoolboxcom

Hi guys... I have Illustrator CS4 as well and it will not open - I'm glad it's not just me...lol I'm using Windows Vista for what difference that makes... I hope we can get a file we can use soon... Thanks Steve

cmunns

Can everybody that needs a different version email me adam[at]pagelines.com and specify the version and whether or not you will be needing an .eps or an .ai file