Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

coachkriswatkins

Slow Load speeds

coachkriswatkins

Is anyone else having a hard time getting their websites to load at an optimum speed?  my site coachkriswatkins.com seems to be loading very slowly.  I use hostgator to host my sites, could this be an issue

fumitol

coachkriswatkins Are you using a shared server or VPS with Hostgator?

coachkriswatkins

I have the baby plan.  Honestly I think it could be because of a caching plugin not working.  I tried to install wp super cache and I am getting this error message

Warning! WP Super Cache caching broken! The script advanced-cache.php could not load wp-cache-phase1.php

I had a similiar issue with w3 total cache as well

coachkriswatkins

This is the full error message

Warning! WP Super Cache caching broken! The script advanced-cache.php could not load wp-cache-phase1.php.

Please edit /home4/kris1344/public_html/coachkriswatkins.com/wp-content/advanced-cache.php and make sure the path to /home4/kris1344/public_html/coachkriswatkins.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-super-cache/wp-cache-phase1.php is correct.

I see a "drop in" plugin of 

advanced-cache.php

Advanced caching plugin

But I do not see a way to delete this

Simon

You probably installed and activated super-cache without properly uninstalling w3 cache, they both need that same dropin file.

As your on a VPS you should have FTP/SFTP access, just login and delete the file, the reinstall the cache plugin.

coachkriswatkins

Is there a way to combine the javascript.....It shows that I get a grade of 0 on that

Simon

what is 'it'?

Simon

Well there may be javascript 'minification' plugins some work, some dont.

You site loads in 3 seconds which is very good for 1.7M payload and 80+ http requests.

Perhaps consider a CDN too. 

coachkriswatkins

I believe getting the issue with the cache plugin sorted out helped the problem tremendously

Rob

Great.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur