Sign in to follow this  
Sourena

Demo site for PlatformPro and BuddyPress

Sourena

PlatformPro claims to support BuddyPress but the demo site does not have any example of Members' page, Activity page, or Groups page. I think if a theme claims to support BuddyPress its demo definitely should show the visitors a sample social network, so they can get an idea about the way the theme looks like if BuddyPress is installed.

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

Sourena

I cannot go to any member's page. Neither I can go to Activity, Groups, or any other page. They all are redirected to the Home page. Did you have a similar problem.

alefba.us

larsschnappaholicde

You have this on my playground? Strange, works fine for me! Or on your own blog? You have to install the Buddypress Template Pack. Sometimes there is a problem with the old users / admins. Register one / two new user and set admin rights! Test again with the new user.

Sourena

So basically if you have an old website you cannot use this theme? So why other themes work? I will do your suggestion to see if that works. Thanks.

alefba.us

Sourena

I tested with a new user and nothing changed. I am still redirected to the homepage when I go to Members' pages, groups, or activity pages. BuddyPress does not work on this theme.

alefba.us

Sourena

I tested with a new user and nothing changed. I am still redirected to the homepage when I go to Members' pages, groups, or activity pages. BuddyPress does not work on this theme. At least for me.

alefba.us

larsschnappaholicde

Again, have a look to my playground / demopage (nav: community)!! Buddypress works with the theme. Only some small styling issues, but you can fix them with custom css. You can run BB on an old website, but BB works only with WP 3.0 or > WP MU 2.9. My tipp based on a small bug, you can get sometimes by installing BB. Test this: deactivate all plugins, activate only buddypress + template pack.

Sourena

Ok. Now I understand. I have to install "Buddypress Template Pack" to enable the theme to work with BuddyPress. Now after installing and activating the plugin buddyPress works. But this theme was supposed to support BuddyPress out of the box. I asked about it before purchasing the theme and I was told that it works with BuddyPress. There was no mention of any additional plugin.

alefba.us

cmunns

The plugins that are required to get all theme features working out of the "box" are listed on the main settings "welcome" page. To install all of these automatically when they may not necessarily be needed would slow things down :)