Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CoachJo

Colours

CoachJo

My life would be a lot easier if you included green as a colour option for the Nav Bar, theme, etc.  Also, why does my text look so light when I have selected black?

atcdomainsolutions
I was thinking the same thing. Either more default colors or a color picker built in. I found CSS that will change the color and for text (especially in the Hero box and others), opacity is on them so black looks grey. I'm not at home but send me a message and I will send the CSS you can add to the CSS Less box to remove the opacity to certain text areas.

CoachJo

Thanks but as in most cases, it seems the documentation starts a few steps in.  For example, it says "The first you will want to do is is create some unique classes which contain custom CSS. " but it doesn't say where you go to do this.

CoachJo

Also, why would opacity be the default?  Wouldn't it be simpler to let people pick a lighter shade if that's what they want?  Black text just seems like such a basic thing to be able to get.

CoachJo

TA-DA!  I was able to change the theme colour!

batman

I'm glad you've got it resolved.

:)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

CoachJo

Well Batman, I wouldn't go that far.  I tried doing the same thing to change the NavBar colour but no luck.

batman

Hi again

You need to add a CSS Code for this

You can see this (my test web)

http://mac-fotografia.com.ar

For example you can add

.navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li:hover > a, .navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li.current-menu-item > a, .navbar.pl-color-base .navline > li.dropdown.open > a {
color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
box-shadow: 0px -4px 0px rgb(33, 172, 80) inset;}

.dropdown-menu li > a:hover, .dropdown-menu li > a:focus, .dropdown-submenu:hover > a, .dropdown-menu li.current-menu-item > a {
text-decoration: none;
text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5);
color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
background-color: rgb(33, 172, 80);
background-image: linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-image: -ms-linear-gradient(bottom, rgb(39,207,95) 9%, rgb(34,172,80) 50%);
background-repeat: repeat-x;}

CoachJo

Wow!  You mean I have to jump through these kind of hoops for every element I want to make a simple change to?  Not exactly "drag and drop!"  I despair...

batman

Not for every element, only for the NavBar, this is the way I know.

:)

Regards

Carlos

Rob

batman is THE BEST!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

batman

Rob

^_^ 

Thanks !