Sign in to follow this  
micha3l

Modeling iBlogPro Blog Page

micha3l

first off i am trying to model this page http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/blog two challenges I am having is I am unable to get the search feature to work in the left footer? the second is my side bar has photos/categories/tags and archives I like the archives on the right lower footer. what am i missing? I can add the archives to the footer but then i have two on the same page?

Andrew
two challenges I am having is I am unable to get the search feature to work in the left footer?
This should work by default; what kind of problem are you having?
the second is my side bar has photos/categories/tags and archives
All you have to do is adjust this under 'appearance' > widgets in the admin.
I like the archives on the right lower footer. what am i missing?
Could you clarify on this question?

micha3l

I sorted out the first question but I am still unable to get the search widget to function. I added it to the lower left box and nothing shows up

Andrew

oh, I see. If you don't add any widget to the bottom left sidebar you will get the search. We've had to disable the search widget because it was causing a markup issue

sem

I am also trying to model this page http://www.pagelines.com/demos/iblogpro/blog My question is, how do I configure the settings such that both the HOME (feature page) and the "iBlog" (recent posts page) exist and appear in the navigation bar, side by side, as they do on your demo? I am stuck, thinking that I have to choose one or the other, but would like to have both. Thanks for your help.

Andrew

did you try the 'settings' > 'reading' page in the admin? you should be able to choose how this is laid out...

sem

Yes, this is my question. Though I tried the settings, I cannot figure out what they should be. Cd you tell me how the reading > settings are configured for the demo please? As I stated above, I would like to have HOME point to a static feature (landing) page, and the next navigation tab be iBlog (recent posts page), just like your demo page. But I can't figure out the settings. Thank you SEM

Andrew

create two pages, set one to the feature page template and leave the other one blank, but call it "Blog" in settings > reading, set the 'home' page to the feature page you created; and set the 'posts' page to the "blog" page. Then use the PageMash plugin to organize your page order. Done :) Does that help?

sem

Thank you thank you thank you thank you! Perfect fix. SEM

garysargent
We've had to disable the search widget because it was causing a markup issue
Does this mean the search widget is currently down for use on all pages, all footer pages or just the left footer? I've applied it to the left footer and I'm not seeing it.

jnoh

If you remove it from the left footer, it should show up by default. Make sure the Hide sidebars when empty isn't selected to on (found under "Options > Sidebar Options"