Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nfp1900

twitter and DMS

nfp1900

Since the legacy twitter bar is a no no anyone tested a twitter feed plugin with DMS and been happy with it? Just need the usual last few tweets in a sidebar...

dreamsight

apologies for this not being a helpful post, but in the social & local menu in global options there is a place to insert your twitter name saying 'This places your Twitter feed on the site. Leave blank if you want to hide or not use.',  so i added the twitter account and nothing appeared? what did i miss there? 

ultimately, i second that ^

nfp1900

It adds a link in the footer. I can't see where else it appears. 

I just wanted to know what everyone else might be using for Twitter as a sidebar feed

Danny

Twitter provide their own widget which you can copy and past the code into a text widget. There are a number of plugins too, the TwitterBar section caused a lot of issue with users who purchase shared hosting, so it was imo more trouble than it was worth tbh.

Please search our forums, before posting!

PeriniNero

Tweeple http://wordpress.org/plugins/tweeple/ is a free plugin you can use to add Twitter feeds (user, hashtag etc). Just install the plugin, create an app at dev.twitter.com (login with your account), make sure it's "read & write"; copy and paste serveral codes from the twitter app to the Tweeple settings and you're ready to create some feeds. After creating the feed(s), you can add any feed to f.e. a widget or text section, using a shortcode. You can style it ofcourse via css.

nfp1900

Ok I found a decent one called Twitget - it also has 4* on WP.com. Of course you have to go through the app creation scenario but it's relatively easy to style with html.

Rob

Twitter itself provides a great product called Twitter Timeline, that works great in Framework (text widget) or DMS (text area).

See https://dev.twitter.com/ where there are several options.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur