Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaffaDave

Lock out parts of DMS for clients

JaffaDave

We've got an issue, some of the sections and plugins that we use from the DMS inserts require the DMS platform to be open and available to the end user (The Client) otherwise they are not able to edit certain parts of the website. So my question is how do we lock a client out of the DMS so they can't see our license information but still give them access to the tools required for them to edit parts of their website.

It really needs a user level control to lock down only parts of the editor, Simply adding the script to the config isn't enough as it's either on or off.

Thanks.

thebastion

JaffaDave really good point, I would also like this ability to be available. Most of the DMS plugins seem to have all their options within the front end Visual Editor so using them sort of backfires if you dont want the client/user to be able to do what JaffaDave says above.

JaffaDave

Yep that's a big issue at the moment for those that require this functionality and I'd be interested to see if there is anything in the pipeline to lock down features or parts. 

Crusty

I would also like to chime in on this one.  We are just evaluating Pagelines DMS at the moment for use on client sites.  If we can't limit client access to "edit only" type access we might have to keep looking.  I had been waiting for months for this to become available so I hope something this basic doesn't mean it's unusable for us. 

thebastion

I guess you could <?php if (is_page(the_editable_page)){ allow editing etc();} ?>and then CSS hide the class of the account info page?

You would still probably be able to see the info if you viewed source mind and it's a bit of a pain having to do this if it even works ha ha!

Danny

Hi,

There is documentation on how to lock down the Visual Editor. However, there isn't as far as I know, anyway at the moment to restrict access to only specific parts of the DMS Toolbar. I will report this to our developers.

Please search our forums, before posting!

enkreativbyra

I am also very interested in this. Would be great!