Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hallbergian

Unable to add or edit pages or posts in any Pagelines Theme

Hallbergian    0
Hallbergian

I have several sites using the older versions of Pagelines that have suddenly stopped allowing me to view, add or edit any pages or posts, despite still displaying the site correctly in the browser.  In trying to figure out why I also set up a brand new subdomain, made a fresh installation of Wordpress, downloaded the new free version of DMS and uploaded this to the site.  When I look at the site in Wordpress with the default Twenty Thirteen theme, I can see there is 1 page and 1 post and I can edit these and add new ones.  As soon as I change the theme to DMS it says there are 0 pages 0 posts, and when I try to use the onscreen post editor it will not save my changes.  So it seems the same problem occurs with any version of Pagelines on all of my sites, any suggestions please anyone?  I am very worried about my sites that have a lot of content and need to be kept up to date.  What can I do?

Hallbergian    0
Hallbergian

Problem resolved, at the same time as posting this in the forum I also emailed my host provider, so I suspect that there must have been something at their end that was stopping everything from working properly.   Huge relief!

Hallbergian    0
Hallbergian

Posted too soon, sites were showing all page information for about half an hour last night before it all disappeared again.  HELP ANYONE, at my wits end!

pehja+    12
pehja

Hi, I would say that this has something to do with your host. Since this is related to only you.

Have you tried contacting them again? Have you tried another computer or another browser,

Emptied your cache ?

Professionell musician | Webbdesigner | Apple freak

Pehja Production.png

Hallbergian    0
Hallbergian

I will contact them again.  Makes no difference on another computer. Thanks for replying.

• Similar Content

• TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      I've created a new post category "Success stories" with Custom Post type UI. (in order to have a different layout for a different post category - blog post one layout, success stories another layout).
      New category "success stories" are "detached" from all the other posts, so they have a different layout, but the problem is that all of the success stories are also having the same exact content.
      So whenever I edit content (e.g. change body text) on one of success story posts, it also changes the content (body text) for all other Success story category posts. 

Question: Is there a way to retain this separate category with it's own layout, and have a different content for each individual post? I'm using Pagelins templates. 
       Thanks in advance.
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      Is is possible to have different layouts for different Post categories? We have Blog posts, News posts and Case studies that all are posts, but is it possible to differentiate their layouts?
      So far when I change a post layout it affects all Post type pages. Could it be done somehow with creating a separate template? 
      Examples below
      https://queue-it.com/news/
      https://queue-it.com/blog/

• Timothy
      By Timothy+
      I'm trying to find a way to display the full content of my posts on my posts page rather than the post excerpt. 
      I've tried using various plugins to create a custom excerpt with no success, so I'm guessing I'll need to make the change to the theme files. That being said I'm not able to find where I would make that change. In the past I've been able to replace <?php the_excerpt(); ?> with <?php the_content(); ?>, but I'm unable to locate this in the framework theme? Am I missing something here?
    • Skip
      By Skip+
      Hello
      Anyone know why Posts will not appear on a website?
      We can see them all in the admin console but the website with the page for the posts - https://www.trueblueauctions.com/articles/ shows the titles but when you click on an article they do not appear.  Example: https://www.trueblueauctions.com/phone-call-estate/  Notice the article content is not present.  
      It is this way for all posts on our website.
      Anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong and how to fix it?
      Thank you for your thoughtful consideration.
      Wishing you all the best of Providence.
      Skip