Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

miramax

Not possible to apply a template to an individual Post?

miramax    0
miramax

In Pagelines Framework, it was incredibly easy to choose a different layout for an individual post.  All you had to do was open the post in the editor and select a different layout option in the Pagelines Meta Settings.  Your chosen layout applied only to the single post.  We used this feature all the time.

In DMS, applying a template to an individual post actually applies that template to ALL posts.  It doesn't appear possible to apply a template only to individual posts.  You can do it for Pages, but not Posts.  Are we missing something or are individual post layouts not possible with DMS?

Rob    547
Rob

Actually, this is easier in DMS than in Framework.  Just visit the site in Chrome, while logged in, make your changes Local (so they apply to that page only) and publish.  Since its not global, the changes should only appear on that single post.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

miramax    0
miramax

Rob, as far as we can tell it's not possible to assign a template at a local scope.  Are you saying that it is possible?  If so, please let us know where the option is.

We're aware of the ability to make section modifications in local scope, but not template assignment.

thebastion    20
thebastion

Yeah this is not possible, the only current option is to use custom post types and assign a template to each post type.

Rob    547
Rob

Okay,  I beg to differ.

In http://dev.epicurus.com/food-4/recipes/peach-melba/ I created a new template called Peach Melba.  Saved the template.  Made changes to the postloop, saving them as local.  Updated the template. To do that, I clicked Templates, selected the Peach Melba template, clicked the Actions drop down and selected Update Template with Current Configuration.

You can see from http://dev.epicurus.com/beverages-3/alcoholic-cocktails/sparkling-pineapple-punch/ and any other post within the test site (there are thousands) that all are the same except for Peach Melba.

thebastion    20
thebastion

Rob yeah a local change, try removing the sidebar from one of those pages and see what happens to the rest...

• Like 1

Rob    547
Rob

I'll report it as a bug.

thebastion    20
thebastion

Rob cheers I'm sick of doing it ha ha!

Rob    547
Rob

Its fun! lol

thebastion    20
thebastion

Rob You get paid for it ha ha!

miramax    0
miramax

Rob, any word on progress for the bug report? We're holding up a re-launch due to this issue and it would be great to know the bug status so we can plan.  Thx. 

Rob    547
Rob

No news yet, but they don't tell me.  The process is usually to just include fixes in a new update.  1.0.2 came out today. Did you update?

miramax    0
miramax

Rob, yeah, I updated...but there's no changelog since 0.9.7, so I have no idea what's in the update: http://docs.pagelines.com/changelog

Do you know if there's another place where the release team puts changelog info?

Rob    547
Rob

No published changelog so far.  We're not hiding anything. :D  When they tell me, I promise to let you know!

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
        First of all, sorry for my bad English.  I am developing an ecommeece with wp, woocommerce, PL5 and quickshop, and I need to do some changes in the simple product grid. I want to change the classes of some divs, but I can't find the templates. 
      Also, I change the grid of the category products pages, but I didn't make it correctly.
      This is the cat archive's: http://globosdemar.com/wp/categoria-producto/camisetas-para-ninos-y-ninas/
      Can you help me?
    • TallTree
      By TallTree+
      Hi,
      I am trying to remove the sidebar areas from my child theme (pagelines.com) from the post pages on a site:
      https://staging4.talltreemusicfestival.com/2017/grand-analog/
      The content is all the way to the left and very small, and the two sidebar areas are taking up a lot of space.
      What I'm after is content to the left, taking up most of the space, and then a small sidebar width on the right for widgets.
      I've tried selecting 'read width content' and 'full width content' in the edit screen for the WP content section, but it doesn't change.  If I try to move the sidebars (1 or 2) to the left, it doesn't change.
      If I select the pagelines framework theme (not child), the two sidebars go away when not selecting them in the edit screen..
      Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• poseyg
      By poseyg+
      Could someone explain exactly how the new template sync works or what it is suppose to do?
    • Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.