Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advocate

2 issues with the Features slider

Advocate    3
Advocate

Hello,

We are experiencing two issues with our Features slider.

1) The three images don't rotate in IE8.  They will rotate in all other browsers including IE9. 

2) When the page first loads, the images (again in the Features slider) appear large and pixelated (sp?) and then size down correctly and appear clean.  How can we best get the image to appear at their correct size and cleanly on the initial page load?  (Note: The aspect height option is selected and we are using an aspect mode ratio of 3.419)

The site can be found here

Thanks in advance. 

• Like 2

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Well here's the scoop.

Aspect ratio does not work in IE (any version) the same way it does in Firefox, Chrome or other browsers.  IE cannot handle the resizing of images, in any measure.  The solution to that is use your graphics editor, resize and crop your images as they should appear and set them to static height.

As for the transition issues in IE8, the feature sliders use javascript to control the movement, and recently, WordPress has pushed some updates.  Likely IE8, as with IE7, cannot cope with those versions of javascript, nor jquery (another part of the slider). The slides will simply not transition on their own.  Probably they do with a click on the little buttons below.

Unfortunately, we cannot fix that browser.  And the later versions of javascript/jquery are needed to make it work in other browsers.

• Like 1

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Advocate    3
Advocate

Thanks for the info One Smart.  Making the Height "Static" resolved the issue. 

Rob    547
Rob

So very glad to hear that!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• 1965deville
      By 1965deville+
      Hi
      My DMS site came up with the error message below.
      My (stupid) easy fix was to try replace the template.php as the error message stated below.  As i usually do i copied the original file before replacing it. The problem is that i by mistake replaced the wrong file and had the functions file replaced. 
      So my questions: 1. Any tip on how to fix the original problem? 2. Am i able to repair my stupid mistake replacing the wrong file with no backup?
      Warning: require_once(/home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-content/themes/dms/dms//footer.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-includes/template.php on line 555

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-content/themes/dms/dms//footer.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/authenti/public_html/www.universalheartcenter.se/wp-includes/template.php on line 555
    • gstrahle
      By gstrahle+
      Hi 
      I am encountering a new error on my website http://surfboardhoard.com
      everything appears to be ok but various images will not load, or load and then disappear..
      can you please help me figure out what is going on?

Thanks

• flaxpits
      By flaxpits
      Is there a way to use the whole image in the feature slider as a link? I have searched the forum and noticed in 2011 this was posted and the reply was no. Has anything changed in 4 years?

• dfsdafd23
      By dfsdafd23
      I'm using features on the landing page of my website. My issue is that when the page loads the feature slider will resize itself every time. I've tried to tinker around with the layout of the site (static, responsive, %, px) and with the source images (not to big, the actual size) but it doesn't help. Any tips? 

Here's a video of how it looks:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/766689/Features.mov

Website URL: test.andersaagesen.dk
      Framework Version: 2.4.4 w. child theme
      WordPress Version: 4.2.1
      Plugins in Use: simple css lite, pagelines security patcher, contact form 7, backWPup
      Server/Host: unoeuro.com
    • chambermv
      By chambermv
      The features images are not displaying properly. The first image is blank and the second displays this script: if (document:)document.getElementbyld("divcb6b4a52").style.height = (441-440)+"px";

There should only be 8 images to display, but it adds two images before that are blank and have that text I indicated.

http://chambermv.org/

Platform Pro