Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clastennet

DMS toolbar missing

clastennet

Hi,

I follwoed the instructions on your DOCS section to upgrade from basic Pagelines to DMS: I installed manually the downloaded DM theme; as I purchased (foolishly?) the personal DMS, I have received an activation key; but all I can see when I activate in WP 3.6 the DMS theme is a miserable Pagelines menu with "Dashboard" and "Tools" with basically nothing in it. No DMS toolbar can be seen. I read other topics on the same subject; it was suggested it's an issue with plugins but having them all deactivated doesn't make a difference. Then I read something I didn't really understand about the toolbar being seen on the front-end (the website itself if I understand) and not the back-end; I just basically want to know where I have to go to manage the design of the website. Thank you 

atcdomainsolutions
You have to go to your actual front end to view your site while logged in and the editor will appear.

clastennet

thanks but I really don't see any editor. I view my site in a new theme. There is a DMS logo at the top right. Clicking on it just loads up the website again. Apart from that there is just the content 

Rob

When you go to Chrome, view your site. Login as administrator like you normally do in any other browser.

View the site's homepage (or any other) not the admin dashboard... the actual site.

You'll see an edit bar across the middle or bottom.  That's the edit screen.

PLEASE, read the documentation.  http://docs.pagelines.com.

This is all covered there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

clastennet

thanks for your help but really, every time I activate the DMS in the WP themes section, it does take me on the actual site and all I can see is my blog content on a new theme, with a DMS logo top left linked to my site and another bottom right, linked to the pagelines site. Otherwise, it's just my usual site content with the menu top right, usual sidebar, posts titles etc. No bar in the middle, bottom or anywhere.

I have read the documentation and clearly in the installation steps described, I just can't see this toolbar where I am supposed to go and type the activation key. If I go on my account page in pagelines, it's all as it should be with the status of my purchase and activation key indicated. I run Safari but have also tried on Firefox, doesn't make a difference. I have checked the minimum requirements are OK. 

fumitol

Have you used Chrome to access the front end/editor? You only mentioned Safari and Firefox, of which the front end/editor is not compatible.

clastennet

Just tried it but no it doesn't make a difference. Attached is a screenshot of what I see. 

Danny

Hi,

The screenshot doesn't show you logged in, you need to be logged in to access the DMS visual Editor.

Please search our forums, before posting!

clastennet

Hi,

again thanks but still no luck. Logged in what? I am logged in my WP admin, from there I click on activate the DMS (if deactivated) and the screenshot previously attached is what I see. On this page, nowhere to log in. I open a new tab to log in my pagelines account, go back to my site, reload, but no changes.

I had to install the DMS via FTP as in WP there was a limitation in file size. I'll check again but I don't think anything is missing from what I downloaded.

If these are the steps to follow, then there must be something missing as far as I'm concerned:

• Follow these instructions on how to install & activate PageLines DMS.
  • Re-establish your WordPress menus Appearance → Menus and click Save.
  • Move all of your widgets back to the desired locations Appearance → Widgets.
  • Visit each tab of the DMS Toolbar and adjust the settings to your liking (don’t forget to enter your account info too!).

fumitol

Do you have a plugin that hides the admin bar on the top of the screen when looking at the page?

clastennet

No, I tried to deactivate all the plugins but no difference. I also tried logging in on a PC (I am working on a mac) but same result. 

clastennet

OK I've tried to uninstall reinstall and I'm getting nowhere here and running out of patience and solutions. Reading the mixed and sometimes negative comments about the DMS readiness doesn't reassure me. Where to go from here? Other types of support available? Refund?

thebastion

clastennet is this being installed on a fresh install of Wordpress?

It looks like the issue I had on a site. I was using some custom CSS and Jquery that used the form class and it completely disabled the admin bar at the top and the Visual editor at the bottom.

I would reinstall wordpress or remove any custom code that might possibly be affecting it. Can you show us a screenshot of the entire page when you are logged in please?

clastennet

I did upgrade to WP 3.6 shortly before or after (can't remember) installing DMS. Had to do it manually as there was an issue upgrading directly through WP admin. This is the page as I see it when it loads after activating DMS on the themes page in WP or if I just click on visit site when I am logged in WP. I am having trouble including here the screenshot but so here is the link: http://appetiteforchange.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/screenshot2.tiff 

thebastion

clastennet you upgraded but that is not a fresh install, were you running any custom scripts on the old theme before you installed DMS?

I would make a backup of everything and reinstall everything including wordpress as it seems like you are having either some hosting or server issues.

By the way I dont think that browsers display tiff's and thats why you cant get it to work.

clastennet

I'm not really qualified to say whether this is a custom script but I did install the Google analytics code in the header section. Otherwise I can't think of anything. I tried to remove the code and reactivate the DMS but no changes. So maybe I will have to reinstall everything as you mention.

Danny

clastennet

Can you email a link to your site along with admin username and password please and I can check it out.

Danny

HAHAHA I always do this:

danny at pagelines dot com

Danny

Hi,

My shift has just this moment ended, Ive got your email and I will take a look for you. Can you please disable all active plugins, I don't like to do this personally. So if you can disable all plugins and I will check it out tomorrow for you.

clastennet

OK thanks, than if you don't mind I'll wait until tonight to disable them

Danny
OK, so I have checked out your site and the DMS Toolbar isn't loading at all. It may be an issue with you installation. Can you download DMS from PageLines account and install it again please. Before installing the newly downloaded version, login to your site via FTP and navigate to /wp-content/themes/ Then rename the dms folder from dms to something like old_dms Now install the new dms you just downloaded from your PageLines account. Once installed, goto Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and enable the newly installed DMS and see if this resolves your issue.

clastennet

I already tried a new installation yesterday. It was with the initial DMS download though so I guess it doesn't hurt to try and download it and install again.

clastennet

Unfortunately as expected no changes.

thebastion

clastennet I would back up images and posts and export to desktop.

Wipe everything on the server including WP and empty the db then start from fresh.

Harsh but thats what I would personally do.

• Similar Content

• janetravis
      By janetravis
      I have followed the instructions here:
      http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/installation

andd installed dms DEV. Theme activated successfully, but cant find DMS toolbar anywhere!

All i see in backend is PAGELINES menu and in there DASHBOARD and DMS TOOLS.

Am i missing anything?

Thank you