Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LukeB

Adding an ID to the searchform

LukeB    0
LukeB

Hi I am working on making my search form work with Ajax and I would like to add an ID to it.

My problem is that I can't find the right theme file to make the customization, so if anyone has any advice on what file I need to look in that would be much appreciated.

Using the latest version of Framework.

http://www.danceyrselfclean.com

Rob    547
Rob

Are you trying to add a custom search field or, are you trying to edit core files?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

LukeB    0
LukeB

I know it's really not recommended but I am trying to edit core files.

Rob    547
Rob

It's not just a recommendation.  It's a breach of license and is supposed to terminate your support.

Why not create a separate search code and add the shortcode or php tag to a menu item rather than trying to reinvent our code?

LukeB    0
LukeB

Oh right, thanks for informing me I wasn't aware of that.

Ok yeah I'll look into creating a separate search code then, I just thought adding an ID to the existing one would be easier.

Rob    547
Rob

Luke, you can integrate Google Search (already coded) into the menu bar, or add it to a sidebar text widget.

• Similar Content

• jojoking
      By jojoking+
      I have to admit to being baffled.
      I'm trying to embed a video (from my WP media library) within a WP post using the videobox section shortcode.
      The shortcode section popup only allows two items to be configured - the section type, in this case videobox - and a unique id. There's no URL or other parameters such as autoplay or loop which are available within the Pagelines editor.
      Whatever I put in the unique ID makes no difference to what is shown which seems to be a default video with stars or white noise on a black background.
      I assume I need to define this ID somewhere else, or maybe WP has done it for me?
      HELP!

PS This is the page source generated when a shortcode is added within the WP post editor
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_1675853156" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="1675853156" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="280414138" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-videobox/default.mp4?r=280414138" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#280414138')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section> </div>  
      If I add a videobox section using the Pagelines page editor the page source generated includes my video:
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_udvu4uz" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="udvu4uz" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="429558737" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HIHWelcome.mp4?r=429558737" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#429558737')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section>  
    • outtareach
      By outtareach
      I am attempting to remove this blue background color that seems to come up with search by default.  I copied and pasted the styles in custom css yet nothing changes it.  I can change in firebug but I'm trying to enact them live.  I changed the color of the searchform but searchfield will not change.  Any insight on where I can change this would be great.  the code Im using is below
      #site .searchform .searchfield{ background: url("http://radiosilentplay.com/redesign/wp-content/themes/dms/images/search-btn@2x.png") no-repeat scroll 4px 50% / 14px 14px #fff !important; } but it stays blue.
    • dugoni
      By dugoni
      Hi again,
      I was looking at the source code of the site I'm working on. I had duplicated a box section so I could have two sets of boxes on the home page. Well, it looks like when you duplicate a section, the ID gets duplicated too, so now I have two places in my code that say:
      section id="boxes"
      IDs are supposed to be unique on a page. How can I fix this?