Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

usxmarine

Global Header

usxmarine    0
usxmarine

I'm stuck at the very basics of this platform. How do I add a global header image. The only option I seen was to edit the preinstalled "Header" bar but that did nothing. Already frustrated and this should be a simple task. HELP!

usxmarine    0
usxmarine

Looks like I STILL need to know quite a bit of CSS with the DMS platform. For something like a header or nav image I wouldn't think that to be necessary.

Rob    547
Rob

@usxmarine  What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

The documentation clearly describes how to add sections, and in specific, a media box where images can be set in the header.  Anything in the header is by default global, unless otherwise set.

Please see http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/creating-a-branding-area

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey there,

I am working on BentleyRolling.com. I used grams on MoonbodySoul.com and all the images are cropped to a square, whether they are square or 4:5 when posted on instagram, they still get cropped to a square. This looks way better than some being squares and some being 4:5. Did something change since I designed MoonBodySoul.com with Platform5? Can you help me crop all images to a square on BentleyRolling.com 

All the best,

Bentley
    • Barnaby Skinner
      By Barnaby Skinner+
      Hey all, hope I worded the topic correctly!
      I just need to know if either 1) I'm making a mistake or 2) this could be set as a new feature?
      Using the global settings typography parameters, I have a global paragraph font type (set using googlefonts) and have set the style to align:justify. When laying out <p> text inside a simple TEXT module, the <p> text adheres to both the font type and justification. Perfect.
      Now, when I set <p> text inside the PARAGRAPH TEXT field within an ELEMENT module, the <p> text adheres to the font type, but not the justification. It's rather annoying as I like to fully justify para text across the board and tend to use Element modules instead of text boxes for various reasons. It also seems silly that some PARAGRAPH TEXT fields adopt global settings, whilst other don't.
      Or I'm doing it wrong :S
      Any help or advice is much appreciated!
      Cheers
    • cstudio
      By cstudio
      How do I control the lightbox effect on the plugin "popthumbs"?  On mobile, it opens up much to small then when expanded it opens to large.  I would like to control the the lightbox to like 90% of the viewer window but I can't figure out how/where to control that.
      Site example

Thx
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello,
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I am using pl-section-journey and hiding most of the images. When running the page via google speed insights, it tells to optimize all the images that are in this plugins default. (e.g. https://queue-it.com/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-journey/images/drawer-5.jpg ) Like this one that is not visible on the website, but is a part of the plugin and comes up in google insights.
      I've deleted all the images in the plugin, but they still seem to come up. Ref. this page: queue-it.com/features