Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jenske

Framework breaking sites

jenske

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:12 AM

invisioning, on 10 Aug 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:snapback.png

Fixed it.  Very involved and not documented.

Reply to this topic if you would like the instructions.

I might be the only one with this issues, I don't know

I have that issue, getting the following problem when trying to install the Sections plugin:

Fatal error!

The package could not be installed.

PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT(-10): Unable to

find End of Central Dir Record signature

If that was your problem and you found a work round, please let me know - Thanks

Adam

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hi all. I got the same problem as Adam, starting about two-three days ago on all 5 of my sites.

Except I did not want to install the sections plugin, I merely noticed that the whole of the Framework area

on my sites was corrupted and urged me to install this plugin. I did so and got the same error message, as Adam.

I did delete all my plugins and even re-installed pagelines. 

I am a bit out of the loop with the hacking situation but I am really concerned. My sites is barely working at the moment,

crashing constantly. What options do I have? I am not a complainer, just despererate for my site.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: My sites are now completely crashing. I have now even re-installed Wordpress (latest). I have uploaded Framework through my FTP.

Nothing. I am going to completely lose my one site... it looks like bits are just randomly breaking permanently for example my theme editor has disappeared.

I get random, fatal error messages. You can clearly see that the framework area is damaged. I really need support here, urgently.

My sites are innerpeke.com. starvingpeke.com, beautyandthepeke.com, memyselfandpeke.com and viciouspekes.com - the cache plugins are on, my sites are live and I need to keep up the good front since

I was advertsing a launch for Tuesday. But I do not know for how long I can keep them stable. What are my options now.

jenske

Thanks Batman, I tried it exactly as you instructed but unfortunately it did not help. 

Will it help if I just completely delete the whole sections file in my ftp permanently or perhaps selective files?

Any further suggestions anyone?

Danny

jenske

Can you provide screenshots of your errors please. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

jenske

For some reason I cannot attach or paste my screenshots. - Here is the error message though: It is copied out of the store areas and happens when you press install sections. But the other areas of framework look s the same.

It looks like when a plugin disrupts the Framework but have tried to disable all the plugins and re-enable them but it was not a plugin. And if this message comes up, the whole admin site freezes.

Fatal error!

jenske

Is there a manager I can contact? I need to know what is going on and how it will be fixed? This should not be the consumer's problem.

jenske

Update:

Site #1: Theme editor disappeared

Site #2: All blog posts give 404 message - post cannot be found

Site #1-5: Give fatal error mesages and layout is corrupted, create high site loading speeds at times

Danny

Hi,

The error message:

Fatal error!

Can not cause issues with your theme editor as it has no relation to it nor can it effect your posts permalinks. This sounds like you have another issue if I am honest. Can you tell us where you encountered this issue please.

I have also reviewed your sites and you appear to have some posts on there, which you have created as tests, these are working and not giving a 404. Also, not sure why you have a cache plugin enabled if you're experiencing issues. Cache plugins can cause all kinds of issues, when not configured correctly. You can't simply install/activate a cache plugin, it needs configuring correctly to your server setup.

Not configuring them correctly, causes all kinds of issues. I recommend you disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issues.

We can not diagnose issues when you have plugins active, especially cache plugins.

I have also done a reverse IP check on your domains and found that you're using shared hosting. Shared Hosting is cheap hosting, where host providers ram there servers with hundreds of websites all sharing the same server resources. In your reverse IP check, there are 1000 other websites on the same server. Regardless of cache plugins, your sites will always be slow, with this many websites populating one server.

I highly recommend you either contact your web host provider and ask for your sites to be moved to a less populated environment or switch host completely. Shared hosting is cheap and not known for its performance, with web hosting you most certainly get what you pay for.

We recommend FlyWheel, WP Engine or ZippyKid!

Please search our forums, before posting!