Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

innovot

Footer Height

innovot

Hi, is it possible to change the footer height ?  I have tried to find the CSS selector but cannot see it :(  When I add a simple Navbar or Text block there are large margins on both the top and bottom.  Thank you.

INNOVOT™ | Innovative Open Technology

Rob

If you check the Global Options in the DMS menu bar, then click, Layout & Nav.

There's a padding option.  Don't select 0px as it has a bug and defaults to 20px. Anything 1px and above works.

The footer stretches based on the sections added to it.  You can also check each section you add to see if it has any padding options built into settings.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

innovot

Rob, that didn't really seem to make much difference; so in the end used line-height: 0 !important; in the css/less. Thanks.

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question and also, can you add a mock of what you want your footer to look like please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

innovot

Danny,

sorry its on a closed site at present.  The two images are the first being with the standard 1px set in the Global Settings and the second is when I used the css/less class of #footer and set the line height.  Am trying to get a nice thin line across the base of the page with a navbar embedded.  I added a two column layout to the footer, and then in the left hand side column it contained a Text Box (Copyright information) and in the right hand column a Simple Navbar.  The text in both columns do not line up horizontally neither.

Hope that makes sense.

Rob

An inspection with something like Chrome's Inspection Tools or Firebug for Firefox will identify the element that contains the extra padding or margins.  Once found, it can be tested in that tool, and the successful code copied and pasted to Custom Code.  Once that's done, it will be fixed, permanently.

Without a live site, we can't inspect it for you or give you more assistance to identify it.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur