Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinsky

Fit image to page responsiveness

tinsky

Hello

I'm currently installing my second license for DMS. Both sites are kind of "play around testing sites" at the moment until I get things figured out etc.

The first site I have successfully set up a fit image to page with full responsiveness, so success.

However, when I try to do the same with my second one it keeps showing the background at 50% on the page (and not full size).  I was initially wanting to see how this looked using a full width display, but it didn't appear at all from what I could see, so i then changed it to box and this is what I have been getting ever since.  Not sure what I've done wrong?  Can you help?

I have saved, refreshed and published settings to no avail, flushed cash and even reinstalled the DMS template.

Danny

HI,

Can you provide a link to the site in question as well as an image showing us what you want please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

tinsky

This is what I want to happen with the background  at http://u-foria.com/    

This is what I have got with the background at http://jacmus-prime.net

At Jacmus-Prime.net

I'm using the same settings (global option / color and style / background image settings - ticked - fit image to page) but a different image and with layout and nav set to full width.  I've also tried this in box mode for jacmus-prime.net but it just shows the background at the very bottom after the footer (and just shows half the background that you see now).

PS I'm looking at this from a wide screen monitor, so the background image at the .net website is not fitting the image to page.

--- Further info added 9.03am Monday my time (didn't want to bump this if you're doing in order)

Just to add on as I've been trying to work this out myself.  It appears that it hasn't done what I want it to do at U-foria either.  Its just the image is rather large so the width stretches across the page effectively.

The affect I want to achieve I did at http://Jacmus.com using the pagelines framework and CSS.  Its so the background covers the whole width of the screen,

body{
background:url(http://jacmus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/background-earth.jpg);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center top;
background-size:cover;
background-attachment:fixed;
}

I have just assumed that the "fit image to page" functionality in DMS is meant to do this, however, I've also tried to add the above (with the different link to graphic) in the Custom LESS/CSS section and it is not working there either.

tinsky

Just wondering if you had an answer for this yet?

Thanks

Danny

Make sure you have the Fit to Page option checked. However, your image is rectangular, I recommend you make it more square, Fit to page uses the images height not width to fit to page.

This means you image is to tall in comparsion with the images width. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

tinsky

Hey Danny

Hi Danny, I've made the image square (it was originally off by 4 pixels) but I'm still getting the same result.  Also flushed cache just to be safe.

result-fitimagetopage.png

tinsky

Hi Danny

Very weird thing happened at U-Foria.  I added a new link and the background disappeared.  Still shows up under color and style as if its added though.

---------

Editing this rather than reposting.

Worked out that the background at U-Foria disappeared because of the Columnizer which I am using in the footer with custom column CSS settings. I wanted to have 4 widgets (links on each end column and text in the middle). For some reasons if I put "3" in the how many columns option (3*4=12), it pushes the last widget down underneath the other three and made the background disappear.  The strange thing is I've had these settings since I first installed with no issues until I went and added a new link today.

Discovered this when I went and removed my second link widget and the background reappeared.

Playing around with my custom CSS settings now, to see if that has any direct cause and then I'll try adding a new link category again and reset it up as the fourth widget.

-----

Edit #2  Decided just to re add the fourth widget (link) and background is still there with my custom CSS column settings.  Going to see if I can recreate the issue now by adding a new link category and link.

-------

Edit #3  Haven't been able to recreate the issue at present, which is fine by me so long as it the background stays.  Still don't have a solution for Jacmus-prime.net though.  Will play with this later.

tinsky

You know I've just discovered your ticketing system.  Support seems to be all spread across a myriad of places, might be worth bringing it to one central place.

I notice that Bearded Avenger actually included this as a bug a month ago but there is no one assigned to fix it.

Do you know whether someone will be assigned and what priority it might have?  I've been waiting to get this fixed before moving on as it was to be an integral part of my design.  But if its not going to be fixed urgently I'd rather rethink my design to work with what does work on DMS then keep trying to fix it by trial in error when it appears to be an already known bug.  

Its Issue #244.

--

Sorry if this comes over a bit grouchy. Massive headache now for 3 days and 2.14am so very tired and grouchy.

Rob

I'm no expert in this, and Danny's done so much more DMS testing than I have, so I'll defer the best answers to him here. I just don't see any background image loaded in the jacmus-prime.net site.  I do see the code you provided above for jacmus.com, but that's not applied at jacmus-prime.net, where a background works just fine. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tinsky

Yeah, I've kind of moved on at jacmus-prime.net decided to do something different there instead since the "fit image to page" doesn't work.  

As I mentioned in my last post Rob, this issue is actually set up as a ticket by Bearded Avenger - Ticket # 244.  it was set up a month ago but doesn't have any movement on it yet, no one assigned to fix it etc so I decided to just move on and try a different design. Since you have not answered the questions I asked in regards to the ticket, I'm going to assume fixing the issue doesn't have a large priority?

I will want to use it at another site, but it will be the last one I transition over from pagelines to DMS. I use a lot of the sections like postpins which came with monthly subscription for pagelines but which I now have to do something else to get to access to them (not sure I fully like this 'change' to what were free sections in pagelines are now karma sections to be honest. These were available and I used them with pagelines but now I can't access them. but that's another cs / sales issue which I'll address when I get to redesigning the sites I have that use them).

I did also ftp and edited the custom css but all that did was put the background behind the sections. I'm guessing I would have to make the sections (header, body and footer) transparent for that too work.

Thanks for responding and having a look though.

tinsky

Thanks for reading my reply Danny. You might have noticed that I already stated what you did in my own reply, but the questions i asked about the priority of having it fixed have gone unanswered.