Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tinpeas

Slide in Contact form

tinpeas+    9
tinpeas

Hi Guys

I am wondering has anyone come across a tabed form that will slide in from the edge of the browser when the user clicks the tab. I have tried a few but am getting varying degrees of issues depending on what browser I am using. I just need some kind of sliding draw if the form doesn't come with it but I can't find anything suitable.

IE 8 is causing me the biggest issue, I have my Pagelines site all working in 8 but I just can't find a plugin that works well with IE8 at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Gary,

I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to do, you want a tabbed slider for a contact form ?

Can you provide more information and/or a link to a working example please.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

tinpeas+    9
tinpeas

Hi

I am after someone like this http://wordpress.org/plugins/slick-contact-forms/screenshots/ but that looks a bit more professional. I was going to use this http://sixtyonedesigns.com/ (slider on the side) but it doesn't work in Firefox (the tab gets stuck open) and it doesn't work very well at all in IE8.

The client is looking for IE8 Compatibility which I have managed to sort with a bit of CSS and the Google compatibility scripts but I think the scripts are causing a conflict in Firefox.

Thanks for any help or alternative options you can offer me.

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI Gary,

For functionality like that you will need to use a plugin, something like this isn't possible out of the box with PageLines. However, you mind have difficulty finding such as plugin or script which is compatible with IE8. 

I would recommend you contact your client and inform them that IE8 is a old, poorly designed and not very secure browser and suggest them upgrade to a proper browser such as Chrome.

I know this may sound harsh, but IE8 straight up sucks, it doesn't even support HTML/CSS3, so your client isn't even viewing the internet has it is supposed to be viewed these days.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

tinpeas+    9
tinpeas

I know buddy and I totally agree, the problem isn't the client its the users. The clients current site gets around 20% of its visitors from IE8, its a corporate thing so they are still using XP which as you no will only support IE8 or lower, grrrrr!.

Rob    547
Rob

tinpeas

Yes, its unfortunate that companies, government agencies and bureaucracies can't update past XP in so many cases. Unfortunately, writing code for IE8 and earlier versions isn't made difficult BY us, but FOR us.

We want everyone to see sites built in DMS. Unfortunately, it's not possible.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tinpeas+    9
tinpeas

I'm with you 100% buddy, people using ancient browsers make life a nightmare. Every bloody job I do is the same, there is always some kind of IE related issue that takes hours to fix and eats into the budget massively. We need someone like Google to make their website inaccessible in earlier browsers, that would do the trick. 

I don't understand why you would want to use an XP PC anyway, I have a reasonable one upstairs that I use for testing and its like pulling teeth using the bloody thing, SLOW!

Cheers

Gary

Rob    547
Rob

I agree.  Not much we can do about it though.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys
      Is there a simple way to customize the default subject line (or any other attributes of the form) of the Contact Form module in Page Editor? I see where I can set who gets emails and how to add/change fields, but this seems essential and there must be an easy way than having to override code? Thanks for your help.
      http://affinitystudiofauxpainting.com/portfolio_of_work/contact-bac-hoang/
      form just sends a boring email with default Subjectline: "New message from [username]" and comes from sender Wordpress of wordpress@mydomainname.com. How can I customize these 2 things?
    • Perry
      By Perry+
      Hello there,
      We are still using DMS 2 and were wondering if it was at all compatible with slider revolution. (https://codecanyon.net/item/slider-revolution-responsive-wordpress-plugin/2751380). Our issue is that the default revslider for DMS clips the top and sides of videos when made responsive. As the video is made smaller or larger the bottom of it tends to be cut off, or the sides are. We noticed slider revolution was 100% responsive, but have had numerous issues even getting it to display in DMS 2. We have tried using the shortcode, and various php scripts to no avail. Our last attempt was to try and load it with header scripts, but at this point we seem to be further away than ever. 
      This leads me to a few questions:
      1. Is Slider Revolution even compatible with DMS2?
      2. Is there a way we can get 100% responsive video in DMS 2 with zero clipping? (tonyrobbins.com is another good example of the effect we are trying to achieve.)
      3. If Slider Revolution is compatible, how do we go about adding it in?

Thank you for any help.

• Ttownhero
      By Ttownhero+
      I've recently added a contact form to my platform 5 site and cannot for the life of me get a response from it. I know with contact form 7, sometimes the information that was being sent through the host email server caused it to stop because it looked like spam, and thus we'd have to change some stuff. Is there any option to do this with the PF5 contact form? Or is it an issue I'm overlooking?
      site under construction is - www.gccismychurch.org
    • vanessabt
      By vanessabt+
      Hi Developers, I wasn’t sure what the best way to get feedback was but didn’t really want to put this in the facebook group, I did put this in the slack developers group but trying to figure out the fastest way to get feedback.  I am starting a new site for a client and was looking through the showcase to see if there were any samples for slider modifications like I am trying to do for our build and couldn’t find them.  Basically I want to have a blue section at the bottom of each slide that has text in it.  The text will change with each slide along with the image.  Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how this modification could be made?  Here is a sample of the slider from the design.

• paoloimperiale
      By paoloimperiale+
      Hi, 
      I was wondering if there's a way to modify the slider container size? My client would like it skinner- not as tall. How would you suggest doing that?
      Thank you.
      (this is for the paoloimperiale.com slider on the homepage)