Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gabriel_cooper

Activation Issues On Multisite

gabriel_cooper    0
gabriel_cooper

Hopefully there isn't a topic covering this.  I'm using the DMS on a multisite network.  I installed it, and network activated it.  I've run into one problem, and I have one feature request.

1. My problem:  I switched to the DMS on a new subsite, then activated my Developer account.  When I created a second subsite and chose the DMS, I am unable to activate the account.  Entering my information brings up a "Saving" animation, but it never completes.  This prevents me from using DMS on other sites. 

2.  A request:  It would be great if I could activate the DMS for the whole network.  Essentially every situation where I use it will be on the same network.\.

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Before I test this (haven't currently WP Multisite up and running) can you try disabling all active plugins, custom code/scripts and see if this resolves the issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gabriel_cooper    0
gabriel_cooper

Thanks to the power of WP Engine's Staging area and 3.5 hours of my time, I've worked it out.  The "Coming Soon Pro" plugin from SeedProd interferes with the activation under certain conditions.  It's fine when used on other sites on the network under an individual site level activation, but it interferes when active on the site undergoing DMS activation or when network activated.

evasnijders    1
evasnijders

Dear all, 

Since this thread is not closed, I'm going to give it a shot. Other than what Gabriel said, when I try and activate the them on any of my sites, I get an error message (see below). (That is, I don't even get to the front end and DMS editor). Any suggestions?

Eva

Not Found

The requested URL /wp-admin/evasnijders.m.quimicavisual.com was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at evasnijders.m.quimicavisual.com Port 80

• Similar Content

• Anthony CALCI
      By Anthony CALCI+
      Hello,
      I can't activate my Pro account on http://calcipatrimoine.theproofingcompany.fr (miror site of http://calci-patrimoine.com)
      When I click on "Activate Pro" button of the Account section, nothing works.
      Also, do I need to activate DMS with a DMS key in the Pagelines Updater ?
      Regards,
      Anthony
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      I am working on a multisite installation and had some questions regarding the themeing options. All the sites will have the same structure but each individual site would need a different h1 font and link color. I had originally thought that I would program/edit the parent theme to have a certain set of templates, font sizes, etc. and then that would feed to all the individual sites where I could activate the child theme and use the child theme to define the individual sites' specific link color, heading fonts, etc. So, what I was shooting for was:
      Parent theme = shared by all sites
      Child theme = specific to the minor customizations on a per site basis.
      Is this possible? Am I misunderstanding how these would actually deploy to the different sites?
    • norbert
      By norbert
      I just installed a fresh wordpress installation and wanted to connect Platform 5 plugin.
      www.shopfotografie.nl
      after clicking 'connect', nothings happens ( Als clicking on e.g. extend in the menu, no change is visible)
    • Jonathan Eugster
      By Jonathan Eugster+
      I have a multisite installation where the main site is pro activated, but none of the subsites are allowing me to change pro options. The subsites are on mapped domains.
      So far I have:
      1) refreshed the account
      2) disconnected then reconnected account
      3) network deactivated the reactivated pl5 plugin
      4) deleted and reinstalled pl5 plugin
      5) cleared cache / cookies
      6) added recommended urls to WordFence whitelist

Some environmental factors
      Network is hosted on EC2, assets served from Cloudfront CDN. DMS is also running on the network.
      This is an old network with had a domain mapping plugin until recently, perhaps this is a factor?
      main site url is http://mechame-env3.us-east-1.elasticbeanstalk.com/
      a subsite that is not allowing pro options is http://redravendrone.com
      I'm stuck, help please.

• Jonathan Eugster
      By Jonathan Eugster+
      I have a grandfathered dev account and am unable to activate subsites on my multisite network.
      Tried disconnecting and reconnecting account. Only main site is shown as activated.
      Since pro activation has been off and on for subsites I added code to hide the pagelines watermark (bottom left image/link). Could that be flagging the account not to activate or something?
      Network is on AWS Elastic Beanstalk, is there a port that needs to be open for authentication?
      TY