Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

Fixed NAVbar

micstepl

can somebody quickly answer me 2 questions.

Can I use Hoods ... but which?

1. How to change the word "MENU" for the mobile view (small width)
  2. How wo add more social icons in "pl-mobile-menu" ?

br & tanks in advance for the quick support

,Michael

Rob

Michael,

When you are in Chrome, you can click on the menu and you'll see a little pencil icon.  Click it.  Below the toolbar, you'll see options.  One of them, probably blank, will be to add a name to the menu.  The default (hidden from settings) is "Menu".  By adding a different name in that field it will override the default. Simply add the word you wish and save.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

micstepl
thx for reply ... But

there is no option field like you state available! Could you please provide screenshots?

The alternative solution would be if you provided the appropriate hook - thx
,Michael

Rob

[attachment=1360:8-18-2013 2-22-13 PM.jpg]

This is for the Navbar.

Can you screenshot the options for that menu when you click the edit icon (little pencil)?

micstepl

I get only the screen attached (screenshot.png)

Maybe you missunderstood me.

- I do mean the FIXED NAV BAR

- an only in mobile version

- the word MENU

br

,Michael

Rob

Michael,

I think I understood you perfectly, but the only place to add that text is there.  Theoretically, the fixed navbar is the same as the floating one, so if you change the name in the latter, it should change the one in the former.

micstepl

Michael, I think I understood you perfectly, but the only place to add that text is there. Theoretically, the fixed navbar is the same as the floating one, so if you change the name in the latter, it should change the one in the former.

Sorry - I tried your suggestion - but without success! It did not change the name in any if the bars :(
br
,Michael

Danny

The option Rob speaks about only works for the NavBar section and not the FixedNav.

May I ask why you want to change it ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

thebastion

Rob I can see how this can easily be misunderstood. If you have activated the "Navbar" in global options then you do not even get the edit pencil icon.

micstepl if you remove the fixed navigation "Navbar" from Global options and then add your own "NavBar" to the header section from your "Add Sections" option you will then be able to do what Rob is saying.

Rob"] @[member="Danny "NavBar" in Global shoul be called "GlobalNav" or something different from "NavBar"?

I hope this helps?

micstepl

The option Rob speaks about only works for the NavBar section and not the FixedNav.

Quite easy answer:

• I simply need room (space) for my logo
    • on small screens (iPhone)
    • without the useless word MENU
    • therefore Id leave it blank
  • the WORD (MENU) is useless because
    • it is common useability practice that the icon stand for menu
    • e.g, facebook, etc.
  • Alternatively changing the word
    • to write my company name
    • as alternative to MENU

,Michael

micstepl

Rob I can see how this can easily be misunderstood. If you have activated the "Navbar" in global options then you do not even get the edit pencil icon.

micstepl if you remove the fixed navigation "Navbar" from Global options and then add your own "NavBar" to the header section from your "Add Sections" option you will then be able to do what Rob is saying.

Rob"] @[member="Danny "NavBar" in Global shoul be called "GlobalNav" or something different from "NavBar"?

I hope this helps?

thanks for reply :)

1. I need the Fixed Bar
  2. This means my request is currently an issue that cannot be solved.

my request to PL

• simply add the option "change FIXED MENU name" in properties (no big deal) for the next release
  • provide intermediately a HOOK that resolves my problem (does anybody know how?)

br

,Michael 

Rob

Obviously, this is a bug because that word should be alterable. thebastion would you kindly post it to the bug report tracker? It's much better from a customer than from me.

I can only say that I use UberMenu, which is admittedly, a premium third party product (they recently provided a patch for use with DMS that works well). I can change the title of my menu in UberMenu without any trouble, though setting up the style of the menu is complicated.  The benefit is that Ubermenu displays parent and child menus in mobile view without any extra coding.  Check out my test site at http://tinyurl.com/kdqdmtd on your mobile device. .

Rob

Thanks!