This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Author Meta Mode (New Meta Config Option - DMS v. 0.9.7)

3 posts in this topic

DMS v. 0.9.7 introduced a pretty cool option to show redesigned meta within the content/postloop: we can now select the default one ("Metabar Mode") or the "Author Avatar Mode".

If I understand correctly, it's supposed to be a single/exclusive choice (ToolBox inline help: "Instead of the standard metabar (beneath post title), you can use author meta mode. This mode displays the author avatar and publish date on left.").

But for me, the two meta modes are displayed concomitantly when the latter is selected: both the classic metabar and the new one show up (screenshot:, whatever the area of the postloop (blog page, single post), whatever the scope of the option (type, local).

Do I miss something here ;) ?

I'll report that as a bug but suspect it may be there by design. 

1 person likes this

Rob Thanks.

EDIT - I just saw on GitHub Simon fixed it. Amazing responsiveness, thanks again  :) !

Actually, I think we could have dealt with it, but the initial purpose and the description was obviously exclusive modes.

• Similar Content

• Pins Pro remove author sidebar from pinsblog
      By Andrew+
      Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me remove the author sidebar that shows on the pinsblog section, in the pinspro theme?
      This vertical one post layout is what is needed but the author info on the side needs to be removed. 
      Is there a way to achieve this?
    • Remove "this post was last edited"
      By JudithKlinger+
      I want to remove the 'this post was last edited by xxxxx at xxxxx date/time. 
      In going thru the Codex, this appears to be a theme setting? Is that correct? How do I remove it? 
      Thank you,
    • meta key meta value
      By JudithKlinger+
      In a number of the post plug ins there is a meta key/meta value area. The text says: Select only posts which have a certain meta key and a corresponding meta value. Useful for similar or featured posts. 
      Excellent! But where does one enter a meta key and meta value? And why do you need both? 
      Searching thru Pagelines answers didn't help..brought up an explanation of the toolbars or an error code. Strange. 
    • Masonic Gallery Hover changes
      By kellid
      Looking for some help with Masonic Gallery.  As it is now, the post title shows only when hovered over.  How can I have it where the title show over the image continuously while the image has either a lowered opacity or greyscale and as you hover over, the title's opacity changes while the background image resumes to full color?  Hope that makes sense.  Don't have any examples on hand but I could find one!  
      Thanks so much!
    • Hide metabar on all PinsPro pages (Landing, Search, etc.)
      By bross51
      I was able to hide the metabar on the single post pages thanks to the included shortcodes however there are no shortcodes to hide the metabar on the remaining pages.  How can this be done?
      Thanks for the help.