Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andyaddis

everything is missing

andyaddis

I have lost control of DMS... as you can see in the pic, I have no content to do the job. Here's the scoop, please help:

1. Everything was fine until I tried to upload a background image, it error-ed out and then this.

2. I have reinstalled DMS

3. I have reinstalled the child theme

4. I have cleared the cache and refreshed

I appreciate any help!

trouble.png

Rob

For the moment, go to Dashboard > Appearance > Themes and switch to Twenty Twelve.  See if your content is there.  I'm sure it is as nothing in DMS can erase the content.

Next, drink a cold glass of ice water, lemon optional.

After that, take a short nap, at least 30 minutes.

Then, when you're refreshed, gone to the bathroom, and ready to attack with with a clear head look at the columns I see in your picture and tell me what should be on that page. 

Next, reactivate DMS.  Once you tell me and I reply, we'll find a solution!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

andyaddis

Thanks for the help, but no dice... I actually waited an hour instead of 30 min (needed a longer nap), and I still have the same issue... the only thing I have is the DMS navbar and no content/tools.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I have completely reinstalled wordpress and DMS. Just FYI.

Danny

Hi Andy,

So your issue is that you have no DMS options displaying ? Is this the content you're referring to as I have just visited the website and our posts appear to be displaying without any problem?

Please search our forums, before posting!

andyaddis

Yes Danny, there was never a problem on the viewable side, just the admin. But, I found the fix on another forum post... turning off all the plugins was the answer. Everything came back.

Just hope I do not need any of them in the near future.

Thanks all.

Simon

In this situation its best to turn them off one at a time to find the offending plugin.