Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Norton

Migrating From Legacy Platform to DMS

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

I recently tried to upgrade to DMS from a legacy platform and when I activate the theme get a message saying, "this page has a redirect loop" and goes not further.  I used the Chrome Browser and I cleared the browser of the cookies. It shows that the theme is active in the theme area but does not ask for an activation Key. Any suggestions to fix the problem. 

Rob    547
Rob

David,

Did you follow the guidance here?  http://docs.pagelines.com/getting-started/upgrading-migration

Did you copy/paste old content or import it?

Did you update your permalinks by going to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and without changing anything, just Save the settings?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

I did what you recommended I went over everything I had previously done and found I did not move the widgets to the inactive area and I also did not save the permalinks. I also deactivated all of my plugins. Then I hit the upgrade for the new upgrade that is out and everything began to work. I knew it was an error on my part because everything in DMS seems to work so smooth. Thank You So Much for the help. 

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

After reinstalling my plugging I found that I had the same problem with the redirect loop. I realized my problem was with one of the plugins so I began to disconnect them one at a time then test the system. I found that the WooCommerce plugin was the culprit and was the one that caused the redirect loop. So as long as it is no plugged in it works. But I have an e-commerce site. Do you have any suggestions to fix my Woo Commerce Plugin

Thank You For Your Help

Dave 

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Dave,

The PageLines shop http://www.pagelines.com/shop is powered by WooCommerce and PageLines.com is powered by DMS. Therefore, there should be no issue with DMS and WooCommerce.

Can you provide a link to the website in question please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Dave Norton    0
Dave Norton

This morning I deactivated my WooCommerce and uploaded a new WooCommerce File and everything seems to be working now.  It just does not make much sense to me why I was getting the redirect loop before, maybe it was in the file I deleted. I had asked before placing DMS on the site and was assured that WooCommerce would work because PageLines was using it and I had no problem when I was using the PageLines theme before. the website is http://thespygeeks.com 

Thank You so Much for Your Help.

Rob    547
Rob

You're very welcome.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

• Similar Content

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hey Guys,

I am building a website for a client on a test domain on my personal hosting and I would like to transfer the pagelines site to their domain and hosting.

What is the procedure for backing up the site, including the pagelines data?

• creativewebguru
      By creativewebguru
      I am not leaving PageLines. In fact, I am testing it out and hope it may become a part of my business approach.

However, before I invest tons of time into customizing a whole site into PageLines, I need serious reassurance regarding what happens to the content.

I looked through the basic docs and the FAQ, and didn't see the answer to this question.

Does PageLines store content (including content in boxes and features and such) in a standard way that would transfer seamlessly into another non-PageLines Wordpress theme (perhaps as custom posts)? 

What exactly happens to my content if I switch from PageLines to another theme? Where does all my content go?

I am reluctant to risk putting my clients onto a system that they cannot easily leave if they need to. One of the great things about Wordpress is the easy switching between themes. If all my content ends up "trapped" inside PageLines-specific containers, I lose this flexibility.

Thanks in advance for an honest answer. Even if your answer is "sorry, it doesn't work the way you want", I think you have a great system with a lot of potential. I just need to be clear about what happens if my test drive of your system doesn't work out. 

Depending on your answer, I may choose to use PageLines for different projects than I'm considering right now, simply because of the nature of their content.

Thanks much!
    • triggerfish
      By triggerfish+
      I have a PL- Wp site on my server, but the domain name is not pointed to it yet.
      I need to show the client the website before pointing the domain name to it.
      I would like to put a duplicate installation of it on a different domain name so they can see it.

What would you recommend for doing this or migrating it?