Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennyboy

DMS Pro Theme and Base Theme

glennyboy

Hi

Bit confused here... 

I have a PRO subscription and presumed that this would gain me access to the DMS Developer Theme, but in the store it shows as $24. If there is indeed an even further outlay then what are the benefits of this over the standard DMS that I downloaded from my profile?

Also if there a DMS Base Theme that can be downloaded much like original Pagelines Framework - if so where please?

Regards

Glennyboy

batman

Hi Glennyboy

You can download a DMS Base Theme at

https://github.com/bearded-avenger/nicks-base-theme

You can see more about Base Theme in this 

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28677-nicks-base-theme-master-issues/?hl=base+theme#entry167206

and

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28757-do-i-need-a-child-theme/?hl=base+theme#entry168094

The first question please you wait a Moderator reply.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

glennyboy

So do Pro subscfribers need to pay for DMS Developer then?

Also does this unlock more Pagelines features in the Wordpress dashboard. Currently I only see 'Dashboard' and 'DMS Tools' and I have a feeling that like Framework there should be more options?

Simon

So do Pro subscfribers need to pay for DMS Developer then?

Also does this unlock more Pagelines features in the Wordpress dashboard. Currently I only see 'Dashboard' and 'DMS Tools' and I have a feeling that like Framework there should be more options?

You already have a developer subscription not pro.

You old Plus+ subscription was converted into full blown developer licence for DMS giving you unlimited activations.

All the DMS tools are on the front end, not in wp-admin.

eusebius

The link for the base theme does not work for me. It says one thing, but points to a random URL with an IP address. Forums hacked, maybe? Can someone properly link the base theme? Also, why is it not available in the PageLines Store as the DMS documentation claims?

Hi Glennyboy

You can download a DMS Base Theme at

https://github.com/bearded-avenger/nicks-base-theme

You can see more about Base Theme in this 

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28677-nicks-base-theme-master-issues/?hl=base+theme#entry167206

and

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28757-do-i-need-a-child-theme/?hl=base+theme#entry168094

The first question please you wait a Moderator reply.

;)

eusebius

Thank you, that links works. I'll definitely look into rolling my own child theme. Thanks again.

glennyboy

Hi

Batman thanks for your link on the Docs, but it doesn't seem to list what you get under different levels of Pagelines Subscription. As correctly clarified by Simon_P I have a 'Developer' subscription' but am a bit confused as it seems that from the 'Store' I have to pay $24 for 'DMS Developer' and would have thought that was immediately available on Pro Activation with other benefits?

If someone could kindly clarify what Developer gets me that would be great.

Regards

Glennyboy

Simon

You dont have to pay $24 for pro or dev, you already have a subscription, for $18 and you get 99,999 activations.

Rob

This is what a Pro DMS account officially provides:

Site editing tools, for example:
        Offsets
        Cloning
        Various options throughout
    Professional Sections
        PopThumbs
        Callout
        Masthead
        Pricing
        Rapid Tabs
        StarBars
    PageLines Link Credit Removed
    Updates to Professional Features
    Libraries and Effects
        Animations
        Transitions
    Technical Support
    Enhanced Performance and SEO
    Additional Pro Services
        300 Community Access
        Special deals and invites

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

glennyboy

Hi Rob

Thank you very much for that list.

Can I just confirm then that actually it does not include 'DMS Developer' Theme... if it does then wondering why in the Store I can't just install it and it is clearly labelled as $24 extra. Can you clarify that also. Currently I only appear to have standard DMS Theme as download option and would have anticipated highest level version for PRO Subscription?

Thanks

Glennyboy

fumitol

glennyboy - You already have this. There is no DMS Developer Theme. It is simply an upgrade that you already have.

nfp1900

After installing the DMS theme add your username and activation code in the 'Your Account' section of the DMS toolbar.  This converts the install into the correct subscription level. 

There are icons for different versions of DMS in the store along with the sections, just ignore them. 

glennyboy

I did that. I think the confusion is that after entering the code there is still an item(s) listed in the store for 'DMS Developer' Theme (as well as 'Persona; & 'Business').

fumitol

glennyboy This may be a bug. I just ignore it :)

glennyboy

Thanks will do!

If Pagelines can please note....

James B

Hi there,

The DMS store works differently from how the previous store did in the Framework. Just to explain the store side of things in more depth. When you click to purchase something it will take you to the store page on pagelines.com rather than install directly inside your site like the Framework used to. So you'll then purchase from pagelines.com and then install a zip manually to your site. There's no more auto installing inside your site.

Even once installed, you'll still see the item available in the store with a price as it was before. Although the item you installed manually will now be available within 'your sections' in the DMS control panel.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

glennyboy

Shame its no longer automated. Old shop was better and I'm hoping that Pagelines will bring that sort of sensible functionality back.

Rob

Thanks for that feedback.

Rob

@glennyboy  I've asked, and await an answer.  Is there something wrong with Nick's or Ellen's base theme?

glennyboy

No, but Pagelines say in their own documentation that the is a Pagelines Base theme for DMS

Rob

Yes, you're correct.  When Danny wrote, and I edited that, we were expecting there would be a Base Theme created.   Nick and Ellen were kind enough to create one, each.  I'll remind Danny that the docs need an update during our meeting today.  You can file a docs request here https://github.com/pagelines/Docs/blob/master/customize/base-child-theme.md

That will ensure the issue is taken car of in proper time!  Thanks.