Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glennyboy

Blank Screen

glennyboy

Hi

On activating DMS it goes to this link:-

Removed Link

And then the page is completely blank?

Regards

Glennyboy

Rob

That link is a landing page. Definitely not a totally blank screen.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

outtareach

Did you ever get this fixed?  On all installs I am getting this error and cannot work until it is fixed.  Not sure why this is all of a sudden an issue and its frustrating to say the least.

Simon

outtareach what did the debug info tell you?

outtareach

no debug mode, turned it on in wp-config but I get nothing on the screen.  when I am logged out I see the dms theme yet logged in I get a blank page.  When I go to pagelines.com in chrome I get a blank page.  I cant turn on debug in pagelines because the editor doesnt come up.

outtareach

I just wanted to get back and tell you guys that I may have found the issue.  It seems that you can only have one instance of the editor open in a browser.  If you try and work on multiple sites at once you will get a blank screen as if the editor can only be used one at a time while editing.

Rob

That's interesting.  How many did you have open?  I'd like to test it. I've had only two open simultaneously.  I guess I don't multitask too well. :D

outtareach

still not fixed and having issues with another install.  I really need to figure this out otherwise I may have to abandon pagelines and considering we just spent $150 on sections that would not be good.  I can give access if someone can take a look.  I've tried debug mode and whatever and all new installs I cannot get the visual editor to work properly or display the pages.  If you look at the source code it is all there but not showing.

outtareach

also when installing and going to "live preview" it doesnt show pagelines but instead the default wordpress theme.  very frustrating. 

Danny

Live Preview will not work, as DMS uses LESS CSS which Wordpress doesn't support. Therefore, Live preview has been disabled, as it will not show a true representation of DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

glennyboy

Just to advise I fixed my install hence 'the landing page'

outtareach

thanks for that bit of info.  still having trouble when installing on new servers.  Seems that if I walk away for a few hours and come back and magically dms is loaded....Not sure why but thats what happens.  Ive installed over a half a dozen times and every time its never been smooth and always a blank page with no visual editor and after uninstalling/installing/deativating/deleting leaving for a few hours it magically appears... Lol not sure why though.

Rob

Must be the ghost in the machine or the magical mystery capabilities of DMS!