Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rynbxtr

Unresponsive Section Control Panel

rynbxtr

Maybe I am missing something simple here...

The section control panels are completely unresponsive for me. I hover the cursor over the X, the word Delete appears, and nothing happens when I click. I hover the cursor over the the edit icon, the word Edit appears, and nothing happens when I click.

I am running DMS 0.9.7 (although I also had the issue in 0.9.6), on a fully updated Chrome with a flushed cache. I have this issue in the Pagelines DMS theme and Nick's Base Theme. 

Again, this is likely something I am doing wrong, but DMS is complete unusable to me unless I can edit sections.

Any help is appreciated!

rynbxtr

Thanks for the fast response - 

I am running 1.2 and having the same issue. Really strange...

rynbxtr

Thanks again for the fast response!

I installed and activated Ellen Moore's base theme, and STILL the same issue.

I should also note that I am running multisite, with a developer subscription/license. All themes are network activated, with the child themes activated on the site level. 

Just to confirm I even even trying this in the right place, I should just go to the site's dashboard, then Appearance -> Customize correct? 

I am also uploading a screenshot. Clicking on the DELETE icon does nothing at all.

Frustrating...

[attachment=1356:Screen Shot 2013-08-16 at 1.37.49 PM.png]

Rob

Control panels are not designed to be responsive.  No one expects sites to be designed on iphones, androids or ipads.  They don't provide the tools necessary (javascript, jquery, ajax, flash, etc) needed to properly design a site.  Control panels are meant to be used on a computer, be it Mac or Windows based, using Chrome.   This is not going to change.

So design on a computer, not your tablet or phone.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

rynbxtr

Ok. SO this miscommunication is my fault. I should not have said 'responsive' or 'unresponsive'- I get that. 

The problem is that none of the controls are responding or fuctioning - meaning that when I click them, absolutely nothing happens. The hover works, displaying the word for the control (i.e. 'Delete' or 'Edit') but when they are clicked, nothing happens.

The section control panels are not working for me. At all. With any theme activated (see previous replies to this topic). I can't edit any sections at all once they are placed. And yes, this is on a computer, not a phone or tablet.

This is, obviously, a major problem.

Thank you for your reply. I still hope to find a solution somehow.

Rob

I apologize for my misunderstanding.

In Chrome,  DMS works fine for me and my site is usually one of the most troubled by all sorts of issues.  That's why our developers use it as a benchmark for what usually goes wrong.  Much, I dare say, to my great dismay.

The situation you're in seems most likely caused by one of three things:

1.  Plugins that are conflicting with javascript, jquery or other parts of DMS.

2.  Use of some Framework sections or plugins that have not yet been updated to DMS

3.  An add-on or setting in your Chrome browser that is preventing things from working.  Check for javascript being deactivated,  security add-ons,  anti-virus or popup-blockers, many of which will stop some functions of DMS if not properly setup.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur