Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leftcoastmichael

Full Width Sections

leftcoastmichael

Is it possible to have certain sections (such as my header) be full-width?  I tried dragging the section but it also changes all sections.

Rob

Keep in mind, the header is, by default, full-width.  You should add a container to it to add content, such as Columns or anything else you'd like.  Then, you can set the width of that element by CSS to be very specific, or by dragging the edge to make it wider.  This will likely be global to other sections, but I believe the css method is best if you only want one section wider than others.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

leftcoastmichael

Thanks!  I tried dragging a single-column section into the Header but I can't seem to drop it there. See video clip:  http://youtu.be/4dBKOQEy12o

flourishdesignstudio

I am also in need of adding a full-width section within the page content/template area. But, the only option is the RevSlider that comes in Pagelines. But, there do not seem to be any other options for adding anything to the full width of the page. :(

PL suggested that I add a hook. I've never done that, and I am trying to figure it out.

leftcoastmichael

It seems to work fine now - the drag/drop just seems to be a bit touchy so you have to try it more than once.  :)

Rob

I couldn't agree more.  It's very sensitive, and sometimes a bit moody.

flourishdesignstudio
Rob Thanks for the link. I've read through the documentation, and although its somewhat helpful, it does not tell you where to place the code within in the functions.php file. Do they go at the end?

Also, as a beginner trying to use a function, how can I tell where the hook will be placed. For example, if I want to add something within the page content under the header, how does the hook know where to place the slider that I want to use?

I feel like the docs were written for someone who is already a little familiar with hooks. And I can't find any good beginner info.

These probably seem so easy to you, but this basic info could help me greatly. :)

Rob

At the end of the functions.php in the PageLines Customize plugin or Base child theme, there should be a line similar to:

ADD YOUR CUSTOM HOOKS BELOW

Also, as a beginner trying to use a function, how can I tell where the hook will be placed. For example, if I want to add something within the page content under the header, how does the hook know where to place the slider that I want to use?

Now that's an extremely good question.  I don't actually know.  Normally, we have a plugin called Action Map that would tell you, but it is presently broken and being repaired by our developers.

So, point us to the location you want to add it and we'll ask our developer what that hook is.

Actually, Danny did a splendid job with the docs, but unfortunately when written, he expected (as we all did) that Action Map would be working.   I will ask Danny to work on the Hooks section, but without Action Map, it's going to be difficult.