Sign in to follow this  
tai5starweddingdirectorycom

PlatformPro Drag and Drop Issues

Hi guys, as soon as I use the drag and drop feature, items on the page disappears, so now all i see is a black page with the pagelins leaf logo. i have reinstalled both themes, but still the same problem. has any one else had this problem? thanks

Andrew

try resetting the template sections (option underneath the template builder) ... and see if this happens again. It may be a bug. If it is, please email us with some login credentials so we can check it out.

looks like the reset worked in Safari, Firefox, still show the black box, poss need to clear out the cache

Now happening in safari. Thought the fix had worked, but looks like there may be a bug going on.

Andrew

I'd recommend turning off your cache while you're doing dev. This may be related (the page with the error may be cached)

edhamilton

cache not the issue. I also have run into this bug. (can reproduce on both dreamhost site and godadday site). This bug plus the header image bug have rendered this an unusable product and a large waste of time for the last two evenings. Looks to be a great product at some point but the basic features that are your key selling points simply do not work.

yamcllc

Hello Edward and 5starweddings, I solved the drag and drop issue on a GoDaddy hosted install by giving the web user 'write' permissions on all the platformpro and platformbase directories in the WP themes folder. Now I can drag and drop and my website does not disappear.

stenbeck

I have the same issue and changing the rights to the platformpro directory does not solve the problem unfortunately. Love the platform, but this issue kind of removes the uniqueness of the product. Please advice.

onlinetracker

Yeah, I have the same issue. Resetting didn't help. Changing permissions isn't the issue here. I have no caching plugins.

yamcllc

You have to change the permissions on the main directories and all sub-directories.

stenbeck

@Yves, I have done that. 777 all over and caching is not the case for me either. It seems to be a lot of people having this issue (in multiple threads in the forums). It is really disturbing, since a lot of the theme functionality is lost. Thanks Any other suggestion on how to solve this issue?

stenbeck

Looks like the 1.09 version solves the issue! Upgrade and it should work for all others with the same issue. Keep up the good work.

cmunns

Thanks for sticking with it everyone. The update did fix the bug, you may also want to make sure that you don't have security concerns from changing permissions on some of the folders