Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bfrye26

WooComerce breaks DMS 0.9.7

bfrye26

It seems the latest version of DMS breaks when Woocommcerce is installed. The front end can not be edited and all aspects seem to not work. Does anyone know a fix for this?

thebastion

bfrye26 how does it actually "break" could you please explain more?

bfrye26

All front end editing no longer works. The DMS menu and such all are non functional when WooCommerce is active

LED

bfrye26 I have WooCommerce active and front end editing seems to be working. Is that the only plugin you have activated? Do you have any extensions for WooCommerce?

bfrye26

No addons for WooComerce. If it is the ONLY thing active it gives the issue. If I deactivate it things seem to work. This only happened since I upgraded to 0.9.7

bfrye26

All other plugins seem to be fine active or not. So not sure what could be causing the issue

bfrye26

yup, with just Woocomerce active the problem still is there. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling woocommerce

bfrye26

it may be hard since it only gives the issue when loged in as admin. 

thebastion

It means somebody can look at the code used on the site though and maybe work out if its simply a class or something affecting it. I had the same issue using the CSS class form for wierdly an email form.....

It locked down the Visual editor the same as yours sounds. I also had the same problem with a bit of custom jQuery that completely locked up the front end.

Whilst in admin and the Visual editor try going to another page on your site that does not have any woocommerce items on it, does your visual edior show up. If you dont have a page like that then create one and try it out.

thebastion

Did you try making a new page?

ellenmva

Okay, well you do have a jQuery error. There is a file it is looking for that it can't find from Woccommerce called jquery.cookie.min.js. See here it's trying to find it

Screenshot_8_15_13_2_12_PM.png

I'm running WooCommerce and latest DMS and don't have the issue either.  According to this doc from Woo, jQuery Cookie Fails to Load it is more of a hosting issue and they give you some suggestions.

Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Ellen

Ellen Moore

Pagelines Developer

www.elsue.com www.betterdms.com

bfrye26

okay, making that change fixed the issue. Odd to see it happen but at least it worked!

Rob

I'm glad to hear this is resolved.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob

@ellenmva  Thanks so much for your dedicated help and WooCommerce expertise!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bfrye26

thanks so much ellenmva, you are a life saver!