Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalAndre

DMS 0.9.7 Installation Issue with WordPress 3.6

DigitalAndre    0
DigitalAndre

I just purchased DMS-Developer and tried installing it locally on a brand-new, no special plugins, installation of WordPress 3.6

Since my local machine doesn't have an ftp server running on it, I unpacked the dms.zip file into wp-content/themes/dms.

The DMS theme shows up in my themes list. However, when I try to activate it, I get the dreaded WSoD. I turned on WP debugging to see what's going on, and I get the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class EditorStoreFront in /data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.api.php on line 7

The Call Stack below it shows:

#	Time	Memory	Function	Location
1	0.0001	274904	{main}( )	../customize.php:0
2	0.0001	329752	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-admin/admin.php' )	../customize.php:12
3	0.0002	344688	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-load.php' )	../admin.php:30
4	0.0007	345840	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-config.php' )	../wp-load.php:29
5	0.0008	395240	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-settings.php' )	../wp-config.php:91
6	0.0244	10714912	include( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php' )	../wp-settings.php:293
7	0.0245	10739336	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php' )	../functions.php:21
8	0.0274	10987456	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.init.php' )	../init.php:64
9	0.0274	10987648	PageLinesEditor->__construct( )	../editor.init.php:11
10	0.0274	10987904	PageLinesEditor->load_files( )	../editor.init.php:17
11	0.0284	12060616	require_once( '/data/dev/postify-wp/wp-content/themes/dms/editor/editor.api.php' )	../editor.init.php:73

I'm running Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5.32 on Ubuntu 12.0.4 LTS 64-bit.

Do I need to do anything particular to get it working, such as file/directory privileges, or what am I doing wrong?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

A White screen of death is usually caused by either a plugin, theme or memory. DMS works, I have 30 test sites all running without any issue. Therefore, what do you mean by no special plugins, do you mean you have some plugins installed and active ? If so, please disable them all.

If you do not have any plugins installed, then it could be a memory issue, i.e. you may need to increase your php allocated memory via your php.ini file.

Also, what version of PHP, is your setup using ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

DigitalAndre    0
DigitalAndre

Hi Danny, thanks for the reply.

I'm running PHP 5.5.1.2, and its memory limit was at 128 MB. I've upped that to 512 MB, with the same result as before. PHP complaining about a class redeclaration doesn't look like a memory-related error but something else...

As for plugins, I have installed no plugins that were not in the naked WP 3.6 distro, i.e. I have only Akismet and Hello Dolly, both of which are inactive (and were never activated in the first place).

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hmm...

Can you provide your server info please, PHP info etc...

If there are no plugins, custom scripts or code and you're receiving a WSOD, then its most likely your servers setup.

DigitalAndre    0
DigitalAndre

Thanks for your reply, here's the output of phpinfo and the Apache config file for the site in question.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Apologises for the latest response, for some reason my reply was never added/saved to this topic. Have you tried running up the latest version of DMS on your site and see if this resolves your issue ?

If you have a link, can you send me admin credentials please danny at pagelines dot com

• Similar Content

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.modishmel.com I'm seeing the "blog post title" within the "pins" plugin section breaking words into multiple lines. See screenshot attached.
      Only seeing it in Firefox. Can you help?

• BentleyD
      By BentleyD+
      Hi Everyone,

I am running into an issue with the DMS Professional Tools Plugin. When active I get this error:

Notice: Use of undefined constant CORE_VERSION - assumed 'CORE_VERSION' in /home/ktyner44/public_html/wp-content/plugins/dms-plugin-pro/libs/class.hacks.php on line 53

Please help if you can. Thank you in advance.

Bentley
    • Jeremiah
      By Jeremiah+
      Error: editing.js?ver=930684:5 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getData' of undefined
      I have all of the plugins disabled and I still receive the error.
      Page Editor will not load on page.

• jamieg270
      By jamieg270+
      My client has just flagged up a problem with the Pinterest share button. When they click it on any of theor blog entries Pinterest comes back with the following error:
      Parameter 'image_url' (value http:) is not a valid URL format.
      I've checked this myself and it does indeed happen. The post has a featured image, these are using standard Pagelines DMS sections and the the site is totally up to date.
      The page is here: http://www.technicasolutions.co.uk/5-questions-to-ask-your-prospective-new-it-support-company/
      Any help on this is greatly appreciated.