Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

myfox23

New to Pagelines and DMS looking for tutorials/documentation

myfox23

Hello everyone,

I work with a broadcast television station. I'm starting from scratch trying to build a site from the ground up. 

I'm familiar with Wordpress and I'm trying to use DMS to build a magazine/news site.

I've read through the docs.pagelines but it's just not in-depth enough to help. 

Is there any other documentation available for those of us new to pagelines?

Danny
Hi, Unfortunately, that is our documentation. However, what do you think the docs are lacking ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

navigador

Hi, Unfortunately, that is our documentation. However, what do you think the docs are lacking ?

Hi Danny,

I think I might be able to help answer that one. There are probably 3 main types of user with DMS, a beginner, a web designer, a developer. Or somewhere in between those 3. I read the docs a few times and they assume you have knowledge above that of a beginner. Some people want a recipe book, and I think if you could create one for DMS - even with just one or two recipes, then that would help a lot of folk out. 

What would be great for newbies and seasoned pros alike, is to have an idiots guide with examples. Fro example... you want to have a site like this then is is how it was done. You want one like this then this is how it is done. You want a banner etc etc ...

I for one have posted numerous times how to remove padding and margin form the header logo so it's nice and flush with the navbar. Tips and tricks like this are what some users want and need. I know its early days and you are doing great work with the docs. What would help newbies to DMS is som solid tutorials on use cases.

;)

myfox23

Navigador....I think you're correct with your explanation. 

A quick backgrounder on how DMS integrates with Wordpress. What items are best controlled through DMS and what is best done through WP.

I'm even having problems with getting the social media icons to actually link to the url for our social media accounts. I have followed your directions in the docs section, yet it's just not indepth enough.

I've replaced the # with our url's but it's continuing to send me to our myfox23.com site.....