Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AntonBabich

Woo-Commerce Attributes/Variations Not Working properly

AntonBabich

I have the new DMS pagelines and Woo-Commerce for my clothing site. I installed and got every line filled in properly. I am having issues doing the "variable products" feature and the attributes. 

For example: I created a product (a shirt) and filled in all the proper info. I created attributes (small, medium, large, xl) and made the visable on products page and use for variations. I saved along the way as necessary. Went to variations, added variations, then did "any size variation with it being enabled and the price in there. All these are a must to get it to work. I followed the ever so simple instructions on woo-commerce video ~~~>http://docs.woothemes.com/document/product-variations/

But even though it looks like it works when viewing live, there is no "size" and variations/attributes! If I test the simple product, the "add to cart" button is there no problem. But this way there is nothing! Please help, I am so frustrated after trying everything! 

Rob

Hello Anton, 

I don't think this is a DMS issue, but one having to do only with WooCommerce.

Can you activate the latest WP theme (I think it's 2013) to see if that variable shows there? If it doesn't, then it's clearly a WooCommerce issue. If it does, then we'll obviously have to investigate further.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

AntonBabich

Ok so I just went to another site I just added. Its fresh from the box. I did the 2013 theme with woo commerce and did the same steps. It worked as it should. I tried on one of my other sites that is set to 2.0 framework (pagelines) and same problem as DMS. 

PS: I do notice there is a "SKU" field under general settings of the variation on the brand new install one and there is nothing under my other 2 sites. Strange. 

UPDATE: After the last 4 hours I think I found the problem. It might be a combination of pagelines and woo commerce but they dont like a plugin called "Post types order"

After I went and deactivated all plugins, it worked. So that is now good. But even after all plugs are deactivated, I still dont have a SKU anywhere and the word "size" in the live page is within a gray box, its very odd. Any suggestions?

Rob

Anton, thank you. I'll let someone know.

Rob

Anton, my developer says that the variations are tough to setup.  But, we use them ourselves in our own Shop, so we know they work. He says the subscriptions are variations monthly/yearly.

I'm surprised about the plugin conflict, but have to ask... have you contacted WooCommerce to see if this is reported by others? That's a very commonly used plugin, so I'd be surprised if you're the only one having the issue.

AntonBabich

Funny thing is that Woo Commerce wont even let you contact them unless you buy their subscription. They are a bit tough.....Not even access to the forums! I scrambled and found nothing online with other forums. So thats why I spent 3-4 hrs to learn myself. It kind of makes sense, kind of, because some of the features in WP are now drag and drop and a plugin that does the same could throw a wrench in the mix. Because the attributes section is drag and drop part of woo commerce. So I backed everything up and reinstalled Woo-commerce and got my Sku back, so good there. But my "size" word is very weird on the products. 

Go to my store and you will see what I mean ~~~> http://antonalexander.com/product/active-dress-shirt-white-neon-green/

Its so strange. I turned off EVERY plugin I have and still that way. It is not that way when I installed the commerce plugin on 2013 theme on another site so its something within pagelines but I don't even know where to start! 

Thanks for responding

thebastion
Change:
.woocommerce div.product form.cart .variations td.label, .woocommerce #content div.product form.cart .variations td.label, .woocommerce-page div.product form.cart .variations td.label, .woocommerce-page #content div.product form.cart .variations td.label {
    padding-right1em;
}

To:
padding: 10px 0;
display: block;
background: none;
color: #whatever suits you

and maybe change:
.woocommerce div.product form.cart .variations label, .woocommerce #content div.product form.cart .variations label, .woocommerce-page div.product form.cart .variations label, .woocommerce-page #content div.product form.cart .variations label {
    font-weightbold;
}

to:
font-weight: lighter;

Hope this helps.

AntonBabich

Thanks for the response. This may sound silly to you guys, but I am still fairly new to doing custom HTML and CSS edits. I presume this is in the "edit" of woocommerce plugin. I did ()F searching for the location and clicked around. Can you give me a more newbie explanation  :thumbsu: Thank you very much!!  

thebastion

Visual editor/Custom LESS/CSS. Paste in there.

AntonBabich

wow, thank you!! I would have spent a ton of hours on this! I am curious if there is a way to change the layout in mobile view. My iphone blends the "select options" button on the products page and I don't even know where to start looking to fix that problem. 

Thank you so much!!! 

• Similar Content

• Loathing
      By Loathing
      If I use the following as part of a local html page with a reference to less.js v1.7.5 then it works fine: [ptiframe]109-oyxjwe[/ptiframe] However, adding the mixin (without the style tags obviously) to the custom CSS section breaks the CSS. Specifically, it DMS2 doesn't like "@rules();" I read on CSS tricks that PageLines is using its own forked version of LESS, so maybe that is the problem?
    • joshrules
      By joshrules
      Hello,

Is there a way to set the "alt", "title" and "caption" attributes for an image we put in the Hero section?
      Since i've used the Hero section in my homepage, w3c and SEO tools are complaining about it...

Last question, when i reverse image with "reverse the hero unit", the image centers itselft on the left but move down below the text and is not centered anymore. (see the attached file)
      It happens for every image in my home page.
      Do someone else has this issue?

Thanks.
      Best Regards,
      Julien.
    • Crusty
      By Crusty
      I am in the process of evaluating DMS for use on client sites.  Has anyone out there successfully used DMS with a shopping cart plugin as yet ? 

We were originally looking at Tribulant or WooCommerce, but would be interested to hear of any success or horror stories out there.