Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finde

Sections Plugins

finde

how can I use my purchased items from my old page lines account? Or do I have to buy it again?

Rob

Hi,

If you have purchased sections or plugins for Framework and want to install them in another Framework product, you may do so without repurchase.  Some of them (very fiew) will work in DMS, but the safest bet is to purchase DMS products unless we've notified you that the product is free for DMS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

noomaking

If you go to Launchpad and download your purchased sections, you can upload them to the sections folder in the DMS theme. Read the info.txt in the section to see if it has been updated for use with DMS. I have uploaded ANYLOOP and Collapser with success. Grid-Portfolio crashes DMS at this time. It would be a sad situation if we had to re purchase DMS versions of the same plugins and section that we already own. How this is all monitored  to registered users via the DMS dashboard remains a mystery.

This places moving sites to DMS a no mans land proposition. I use Grid-Portfolio a lot. And Hooker seems to be an odd fit. Not sure how that works in DMS. Need that ability as well.

Share-bar extended does not seem to work even though it doesn't crash DMS. Can't drag it to any section. DMS is really dicey if you are trying to replicate a Framework site.

There is not an established policy as far as I can see on how we will be migrating our framework purchases to DMS. I read that Nick Haskins would grandfather your purchases and upgrade your purchases for DMS. That would be really nice. But he was confused on how that was going to be done.

I'm not repurchasing anything through the DMS store at the moment. Pagelines needs to clearly establish expectations to its customers on the use of the products they already own.

Rob

@noomaking   You misread my intention and my reply.  I did not mean or say that you have to repurchase everything.  Only the very rare item a developer may be unable to release for DMS as an upgrade.  If there's one or two like that, I'd be amazed.

Many of the developers are still testing DMS themselves and checking the very complex code that makes it work.

Grid Portfolio will likely be updated soon, along with Sharebar extended.  As for Hooker, that actually had some issues even before the hacking in late July. So, Simon's going to work on that intensely, as soon as he's done the gzillion other things we all demand of him daily. 

I beg to differ with you about there being no established policy.  There is documentation on migrating, and I've published no less than 50 replies and postings here in this forum that explain everything, clearly.

Nick, Evan, Ellen and other developers are working hard to convert their products and support their customers via this forum.

So, let me make this clear.  No product you've purchased should have to be repurchased.  In a very, very rare circumstance, a developer may issue a completely different, upgraded version of his previous product and charge for it.  If that's the case, there are ways to handle it, and all you'll need to do is write to [email protected] at the time.  Our billing office will assist you.  PageLines is about customers and we're NOT about cheating people. We want you happy with your website, whether using DMS or Framework.

This information is not accurate:

If you go to Launchpad and download your purchased sections, you can upload them to the sections folder in the DMS theme.

Sections from Framework - if they function in DMS, should be added to the sections folder of your child theme, not to the core sections folder of DMS.  If there is an upgrade Free or Paid, you would not be able to install it if the product is in the core sections folder.  Overwriting it, even by FTP would not remove all files and could corrupt your site.

I'm a bit unhappy you said "This places moving sites to DMS a no mans land proposition."  That's also not true and an incorrect analysis.

Granted, you're frustrated by what seems like a lack of progress, but kindly understand everyone's re-development for DMS was hampered by the criminal act of a malicious hacker who decided to take out our site... twice. The APIs corrupted, we had no ability to share resources needed by the developers to continue their work, so in several instances their ability to proceed.  We too are frustrated, as are the developers.  The enemy here isn't PageLines, our management, our practices or procedures, but that hacker.  We work every day, round the clock trying to resolve things, so please and kindly, refrain from the keyboard warrior statements that hurt everyone, especially other members of this forum.

I appreciate your kind understanding and assistance with this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur