Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

patrman

Testing environment

patrman

Hey,

I have created a testing environment of my website

test.janpatrman.cz - is an exact copy of my original website www.janpatrman.cz

Unfortunately pagelines are not working in the testing environment.

Is this because of:

1. i need to copy some setting or files

2. some licencing problem?

Thank you for your help.

- Jan

Danny

Hi,

Not sure what you're referring to, both sites may be using PageLines Framework but they're using different versions, one site is using 2.4.3 and the other is using 2.4.4. Your main site also has custom CSS where as the test site doesn't appear to have any.

If you want to duplicate your main sites design and layout to your test site, you will need to import your main sites settings and custom CSS.

Not sure what what you mean by licensing issue, can you provide more information please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Rob

If you copied the database, please remember that links in the database are hardcoded in there, so they'll go to the original, not the new site.

Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Dashboard > Import - Export in the original installation.  There, you can export the original PageLines settings. Import them in the same place on the test site.

You can copy the Custom Code manually, and paste in the Custom Code area in the test site.  Check for hard coded URLs.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

patrman

Rob, perfect, that helped me to figure it out. Thanx.

- Jan

Rob

Anytime Jan.  I'll mark this resolved. If you need more help, feel free to post again or open a new topic.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur