Sign in to follow this  
salesdigitalheavenscouk

PlatformPro and station Pro 3

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Hi guys, nice work on the new PlatformPro :) Just a quick question about the themes. Can I apply the "black" theme from station pro 3 to the platformPro frame work? Sorry if its a stupid question but I've had no sleep for 3 days and I dont want to mess up my site before asking this question:( (New baby in the house) lmao. Thank you in advance. Regards Stewart Wood

cmunns

Hey Stewart You'd have to change a fair amount of CSS to get the black look from StationPro, we will be updating the older themes to Platform framework in the coming weeks fyi

lanieldvazquez

Howdy, I've been working with Station Pro for a few weeks now, and wish to keep what i have so far, but start using Platform going forward to make the process easier (I am a super newb at this). Is it possible to use Station Pro as the child theme to Platform Pro? If so, would i follow the directions found at the following page to make it happen? http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes thanks!

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Thanks for the reply. When you update the older themes does that mean I dont need platformPro? Since I have already brought it lmao.

spenderr

i'm in exactly the same situation. i've bought platform pro and now want the station pro look. i'll be watching this thread hoping this can be done without too much work!!

salesdigitalheavenscouk

I think I will wait a while before updating my website and see if you guys can make the station pro 3 theme work like platformPro :)

Andrew

The right approach to this would be a child theme. We are working on that, but it will be a few months.

salesdigitalheavenscouk

Thank you Andrew, I'll wait for the child themes to be released.

ocalaweb

So, let me get this straight, the platformpro is the framework, and the themes are just themes that don't work with the framework? I just installed StationProDev, but there were no drag and drop options that I saw... Can I get some clarity please, do the themes work hand-in-hand with the framework? Thanks!

ocalaweb

Ok, so I just confirmed this by looking at the theme pages and the 'important note' at the bottom of each one of them. Might want to add that note to the top of each theme page as it seems to be a little misleading ... Anyway, if I just bought a few themes, thinking they would plug into the framework, will i be eligible for free updates when you all make them child themes of the framework? Thx.