Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LECDelhi

Section plugin and latest DMS version?

LECDelhi

Hi everyone,

I am new to DMS and installed the pagelines DMS pro version 0.9.6

Question 1:

I can see that pagelines staffs are advising not to install "section plugin", but some of the good plugins I want to use are instructing me in the video to follow the steps in 'section plugin'???

If I do, won't I get lot of errors? What's the advise?

Question 2:

I can see it in the forum - "PageLines Framework 2.4.3 is now released, you should probably upgrade." but my latest version is 0.9.6. is there a difference between Pagelines DMS and Pagelines framework?

click

Question 1:

I can see that pagelines staffs are advising not to install "section plugin", but some of the good plugins I want to use are instructing me in the video to follow the steps in 'section plugin'???

If I do, won't I get lot of errors? What's the advise?

Sections are an organic part of DMS and working fine as far as I know. No need to install anything.   However I might be misunderstanding your question.  Can you give a link to that staff advice?  

Question 2:

I can see it in the forum - "PageLines Framework 2.4.3 is now released, you should probably upgrade." but my latest version is 0.9.6. is there a difference between Pagelines DMS and Pagelines framework?

DMS is a new and completely different product. 0.9.6 is the latest version.  Pay no attention to Pagelines Framework 2.4.3 messages.

Danny

HI,

You seem to be confusing PageLines Framework with PageLines DMS, these are two separate products. The sections-plugin should only be enabled with PageLines Framework, and definitely not active if you're using DMS. PageLines Framework latest version is 2.4.4, the latest version of DMS is version 0.9.6.

Can you provide a link to the video that is informing you to install the sections plugin please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

LECDelhi

click - Thank you

Danny"] - I understand after @[member="click's reply.

Guess the video is explaining for people with framework? -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3qGoviyglE#at=27

Product is from Nick. I know Nick is very clear and told not to use section plugin in DMS as I read in other posts. But it is confusing when you have video for framework in Demo page, when you are purchasing from DMS store.

Rob

The date of that video is 6 months prior to the release of DMS, so it's most definitely Framework only and has nothing to do with DMS.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur