Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quinntinm

How do i float the menu over an image or over a quickslider?

quinntinm

I have posted this in pagelines framework as well, but i am interested in seeing if DMS will do it.

I have added 2 examples of what i an looking to do.

Basically i want to have my navigation and logo "float" over an image or a quickslider / other slider type.

How do i do this using pagelines framework or DMS.

I don't have DMS, but would like to find out if this is possible before i buy it.

The framework post with images is here:

http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/28974-how-do-i-float-the-menu-over-an-image-or-over-a-quickslider/

thank you.

Rob

You don't, actually.  But you can use an image as the background and set the CSS of the overlaying element to have transparency.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

quinntinm

Thanks Rob, are there any existing examples of this that you know of and can show me by any chance?

I know there are loads of sites using DMS, but do you have something like that in your tour perhaps?

thank you.

Danny

I take you would like something like this:

http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/examples/carousel.html

Unfortunately, this isn't possible out of the box with DMS. You would need to use custom code or create a custom section.

Please search our forums, before posting!

quinntinm

Yea, something like that.

I want to be able to have a background image behind the logo and navigation.

Can i do that out of the box with DMS?

It doesn't have to be a slider, but that would be a bonus.

I suppose i could add a slider in the usual way but keep the background static.

let me know, thanks.

Danny

YOu can have a backgrond image behind your navigation with ease, but a slider is an entirely different ball game.

To add a background image, goto your website and enable the visual editor, then drag and drop a Full Width Layout Section into your header area and click on the pencil icon to edit this section, from here you can upload an image.

Now add the NavBar section to your header area, you should now have a background image with your navbar sitting on top of it. Some additional styling may be required.

quinntinm

Hey Danny.

Looks like i need to upgrade :-)

Does the image need to be full width or can it be narrower - e.g. set to a specific pixel width?

Danny

Well you can drag and drop the Column section and upload your image to that instead. The Column Layout section width is based on your sites width.