Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quinntinm

How do i float the menu over an image or over a quickslider?

quinntinm

I have added 2 examples of what i an looking to do.

Basically i want to have my navigation and logo "float" over an image or a quickslider / other slider type.

How do i do this using pagelines framework or DMS.

I don't have DMS, but would like to find out if this is possible before i buy it.

thank you.

[attachment=1330:68c0ee5dbcdbc432c4465577a5fd2a9d.jpg]

[attachment=1331:masthead-example1.jpg]

Rob

Hi,

Well, Quickslider is not the right tool for the job.  You'll need a background slider. Since you're on Framework, we don't have any store products you can purchase.  The store is now DMS-only.  Perhaps that's a good reason to switch.

That said, in either case, you may want to try this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/full-page-full-width-backgroud-slider/

In DMS, you can place it in the header, under the menu section and set a background color for the menu, with a degree of transparency so you can see the slider below.  Custom CSS is going to be required.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

quinntinm

Hey Rob, sounds like a plan, thanks for the reply. Is it self explanatory or is there a bit of "coding" to be done?

thank again.

WebEditor

Hello, this is an interesting topic, but I can't see the two images, is it possible to see them? :)

I'm looking for a system to make appear the menu on the Slideshow, is it this the question of your topic?

Thank you, bye

Enrico

Danny

None of the DMS sections support a menu out of the box and would require extensive customization which isn't something we can support. You may be able to find a plugin on the WordPress repository which has a slider with WordPress menu support.

Please search our forums, before posting!