Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jane

Carousel "jumps"

jane    6
jane

Hello,

I am using the carousel shortcode here:

I've found though, that as the slides transition, it "jumps". I've turned off all plugins to see if it's a conflict the the issue remains the same.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Rob    547
Rob

Hi,

Which carousel are you using?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jane    6
jane

The shortcode available here:

http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/shortcodes

1. [pl_carousel name="PageLinesCarousel"][pl_carouselimage first="yes" title="Slide 1" imageurl="" ]
  2. Here is the first slide and it's caption.
  3. [/pl_carouselimage]
  5. [pl_carouselimage title="Slide 2" imageurl=""]
  6. Here is the second slide, in all its glory.
  7. [/pl_carouselimage]
  9. [pl_carouselimage title="Slide 3" imageurl=""]
  10. You can have as many slides as you can create.
  11. [/pl_carouselimage]
  12. [/pl_carousel]

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Jane - did you manage to resolve this? Are all your images the same size? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jane    6
jane

Hi Martin, 

No, I haven't found a fix for it so I'm using tabs instead...

To answer your question, all the slides were the same size.

Danny    1,327
Danny

I can't actually see where you have the Carousel shortcode on that page. However, your issue is most likely caused by Wordpress having the habit of adding <p> tags whenever you do a linebreak.

To resolve your issue, you can either remove all linebreaks from your shortcode so it appears as one long shortcode (on one line) or use the [pl_raw] shortcode and wrap it around your Carousel shortcode.

For example:

[pl_raw]

[Carousel Shortcode]

[/pl_raw]

The PL RAW simply stops Wordpress from adding line breaks. However, it can only be used once per page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jane    6
jane

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've followed both of your suggestions and the problem still remains:

Is this problem fixable?

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you add your code to your post so I can test it on my end please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

James B    436
James B

Hi there,

Try using the following css to see if this prevents the jump when the slide moves in/out of the frame.

.carousel-inner {
    height300px;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

jane    6
jane

Hi there,

Try using the following css to see if this prevents the jump when the slide moves in/out of the frame.

.carousel-inner {
    height300px;
}

This did the trick, thank you James. Although I changed the height to 400 px  otherwise the captions were cut off.

Thanks again.

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      We're often working with ACF (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/) that's great for user experience in the backend, 'cause we don't want out clients to be in the editor to much.
      So we want to be able to use shortcodes in the editor fields, regardless of section, THIS WOULD BE SO GREAT. Is there a way to fix this, it should open up som much more functionality.
      In ACF, the shortcode is for example: 
      [acf field="field_name"] ...for example, I want to att field_names value to display in a section, i understand I can make it in embed and so, but I want it in titles and options, the whole range.
      I know I can build my own sections, that we've done, but it's not very effective, and thats what PL5 is about.
      Any ideas on this, can Pagelines take this in the core? I guessing there are more than just ACF out there who can use this.

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      The Grams section of Platform 5, is lacking lots of important features, that DMS multigram was having, there is no space for another user ID asie the default user, that was one of the strongest point of multigrams, because the Hashtag option cannot capture everyone, multiple User ID is the default standard for Instagram,  Also there is no carousel or slide on this one, it means now that if you want to display 18 pictures in one page all will be visible at once thats not good engineering.
      My appeal to the Pagelines Team, guys please let the next update have all the DMS Multigrams features that is missing on Platform 5 Grams, that will bring it to its glory...

• jojoking
      By jojoking+
      I have to admit to being baffled.
      I'm trying to embed a video (from my WP media library) within a WP post using the videobox section shortcode.
      The shortcode section popup only allows two items to be configured - the section type, in this case videobox - and a unique id. There's no URL or other parameters such as autoplay or loop which are available within the Pagelines editor.
      Whatever I put in the unique ID makes no difference to what is shown which seems to be a default video with stars or white noise on a black background.
      I assume I need to define this ID somewhere else, or maybe WP has done it for me?
      HELP!

PS This is the page source generated when a shortcode is added within the WP post editor
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_1675853156" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="1675853156" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="280414138" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/plugins/pl-section-videobox/default.mp4?r=280414138" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#280414138')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section> </div>  
      If I add a videobox section using the Pagelines page editor the page source generated includes my video:
      <!-- VideoBox | Section --> <section id="videobox_udvu4uz" class="pl-sn pl-col-sm-12 pl-col-sm-offset-0 pl-sn-videobox" data-object="PL_VideoBox" data-clone="udvu4uz" data-level="0"><div class="pl-sn-wrap"><div class="pl-sn-pad fix" data-bind="pledit: true" > <div class="video-highlight"><h3 class="video-title" data-bind="pltext: vb_title"></h3></div> <div class="pl-video-box" data-bind="plcallback: { vb_autoplay: vb_autoplay(), vb_loop: vb_loop(), vb_controls: vb_controls(), vb_video: vb_video()}" data-callback="videobox"> <video id="429558737" autoplay loop > <source src="https://www.handinhandmanchester.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/HIHWelcome.mp4?r=429558737" type="video/mp4" /> No browser html5 video. </video> <script> jQuery('#429558737')[0].load(); </script> </div> </div></div></section>  
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.anewbeginning.com the "toggle" function mysteriously stopped working.  I have tried all browsers, tried disabling plugins, removing all the relevant CSS but still cant understand why it isn't working.
      The toggle is placed on this page: http://anewbeginning.com/?page_id=15965 and http://anewbeginning.com/?page_id=10779 but it does not display.
      On my other Platform5 websites, that exact code works fine: see here http://4aa.d11.myftpupload.com/?page_id=123
      Code is the same. Please help, thank you!
    • Samuel Costa - UDF
      By Samuel Costa - UDF+
      Hi.
      I need a shortcode activate a popup windows with contact form. It is possible without code?
      Link: https://www.udf.org.br/lancamentos/curso-mulher-que-prospera/
      Button: FAÇA SUA INSCRIÇÃO.
      Tks