Sign in to follow this  
jinjinders

Platform pro incompatible with Shopp

jinjinders

I've been using the Shopp ecommerce plugin with iblog pro - it has worked well and looks great. Unfortunately Shopp doesn't seem to be compatible with Platform. The pages to my online store don't appear with Platform as my theme and I couldn't even use the Platform menu in theme settings until Shopp was deactivated. I'm hoping there is a simple solution (aside from ditching Shopp) that can be applied when Platform is updated.

cmunns

Are you able to share any errors you encountered? What sort of not "working" are you talking about, in detail please so I can eliminate certain possibilities.

jinjinders

The theme setup menu doesn't work -i.e. nothing happens when you try to click on an option. The drag and drop is similarly unresponsive. When I deactivated the Shopp plugin, the theme setup was operational. The second problem was that none of the Shopp pages appeared when I activated the theme. I had been able to switch seamlessly between Whitehouse Pro and Iblog pro insofar as Shopp was concerned. I can give you access to my site admin if it would help. Thanks for looking into this.

cmunns

It sounds like the javascript is breaking. There must be a conflict. Can you get me a copy for testing it?

cmunns

I just tested Shopp and couldn't find any errors. What were you experiencing?

mattvh

Let me jump in here. I too am trying to am trying to utilize the Shopp plugin with Platform and am having compatibility issues. The most obvious is the inability to select any of the PlatformPro Theme options such as "Header and Nav," "Bog and Posts," etc. Deactivate the Shopp Plugin and all is well again. I too am hoping for a "simple solution" that does not require ditching Shopp or Platform. Any ideas?

cmunns

@Matt as I stated in the previous thread, I've tested it and could not duplicate those errors, it's likely you have two plugins that when activated together break the javascript.

mattvh

The idea that there might be multiple plugins creating a conflict together is a good one. Unfortunately, even after deactivating all other plugins the issue still exists. Platform settings do not work with the Shopp plugin activated- even if it is the only one (at least on my site) . Any other ideas?

cmunns

Maybe try it on a different browser? and make sure of course that everything is up to date.

mattvh

Tried Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari. Even tried it on an Android device and get the same result. Everything is up to date: PlatformPro 1.1.3 and PlatformBase 1.0.2, latest java, etc. @cmunns, I can give you access to the site if you think that will help.

bryan-hadaway

We can't access sites directly. In any case is everyone also using the latest version of the plugin and WordPress? Since we're not the authors of the Shopp plugin you'll better be able to get support and more importantly to the bottom of the issue at their support forum: http://forums.shopplugin.net/ Is Shopp highly desirable? Have you tried any of the other shopping cart plugins? Thanks, Bryan