Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hansonexperience

Cannot enter shortcode in textbox

hansonexperience

I tried to enter shortcodes to textboxes but they are kicked out when refreshing. I cannot put any shortcode in a textbox. How can I do this?

hansonexperience

Ah found the solution. First Publish and then refresh. If I first refresh it does not work. A bit confusing.

Rob

Hi,

If you refresh before publishing, you're wiping out anything you've done.  That just looks different in DMS, but if you were in Framework or any theme and refreshed your screen before saving or publishing, I promise, you'd lose your work.  And I have to admit, I made that same mistake a few times. :D

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

hansonexperience

Yeah, but in some parts there is also a refresh button when you enter a code. So you can see what happens. It does not make sense to public everything everytime. So it is confusing when to use the refresh buttons. Sometimes it works great but indeed sometimes it wipes out code

Danny

Most options do auto save, but if you click publish before the saving has completed, this is what is causing your issue. The Saving indication can be found next to the publish button on the DMS Toolbar.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      We're often working with ACF (https://www.advancedcustomfields.com/) that's great for user experience in the backend, 'cause we don't want out clients to be in the editor to much.
      So we want to be able to use shortcodes in the editor fields, regardless of section, THIS WOULD BE SO GREAT. Is there a way to fix this, it should open up som much more functionality.
      In ACF, the shortcode is for example: 
      [acf field="field_name"] ...for example, I want to att field_names value to display in a section, i understand I can make it in embed and so, but I want it in titles and options, the whole range.
      I know I can build my own sections, that we've done, but it's not very effective, and thats what PL5 is about.
      Any ideas on this, can Pagelines take this in the core? I guessing there are more than just ACF out there who can use this.

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson