This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Preserve Formatting from Pagelines After Upgrading to DMS

2 posts in this topic

Today I upgraded from Platform to Pagelines Lite and found that in order to keep my 3-column site (content in the middle, sidebars to left and right) I'd need to go Pro. So I bought the Personal version of DMS. Being a novice, I am finding DMS a bit overwhelming. I liked the ease of Pagelines, and really only want access again to my 3 columns. Is there a way to access the 3-column layout through Pagelines now that I've paid for the Pro version? Or would I need to redesign the site through DMS? I tried logging in to my account through the Pagelines dashboard on Wordpress but I keep getting a message that says ERROR: User not found! I am using the same user/pass that I used when I signed up for DMS.

Here's the site, if that helps (with old Platform theme, to show what I want it to look like):

Ideas, anyone?

If you migrated from Platform to PageLines Lite and then to DMS. Your site will no longer look as it did when Platform was enabled. This is because all three are separate products, its just like installing any new Wordpress theme. Your site will take on the default layout and design of that theme.

If you want a three column layout in DMS, drag and drop the 3 Column layout section on your template and then start to organise your sections/content.

If you're experiencing account issues, please contact our helpdesk, only they can address account related issues.

hello at pagelines dot com

• Similar Content

• Can't Activate Pagelines License
      By unifeyed+
      I am unable to activate Pagelines with my License key. All plugins and Wordpress are up to date. Says the url and key don't exist, but I am using what's on file in our Pagelines Account. Can't make any changes on the front end. 
      Please advise
    • Pagelines (old version) not showing up in my Account
      By davidcosgrove+
      I need to download the old version of Pagelines - in one of my WP dashboards it shows that 2.4.6 is available - but it is not showing up in my Account.
      Please help.
      Thank you!
    • Major Problems
      By almanada+
      2 year DMS Framework Dev Member here:
      Nothing is saving on our websites, our Key is no longer registering, emails have gone unanswered.  The DMS theme seems to be overall malfunctioning.   I just want it to work like it worked last week again please. Also, based on our your website is looking, it's also falling apart. Please Advise ASAP!  Our clients have a much shorter temper with us, because we actually offer a way to contact us.  We have reinstalled the latest theme over and over. 
    • [Solved] DMS 2 theme not saving changes after publishing, keep getting errors
      By leeresources+
      I keep getting this error :
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in                                                  jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
      r                                  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:283 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:282 m.event.dispatch         @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4 m.event.add.r.handle  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4  
      I have looked at a lot of resolved issues on these forums and nothing has been able to work.
      My changes are not saved after i hit publish and refresh, all the changes I've made disappear. 
      Also i am not able to add backgrounds or any images to the entire site, Rivslider, Quickslider, etc.
    • Boxed Columns - Round Corners
      By tkpagelines+
      Hi there,
      how to make the corners of boxed columns round ?
      Any suggestions ?