Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webmktco

Blocking support forum from search engines

webmktco

I'm requesting that PL noindex/nofollow the entire support forum.  

I don't want my questions being indexed by Google, nor do I want links to clients' sites being indexed.  

While it may not seem like a big deal at first, this is a major privacy issue.  What would stop a spammer from contacting a client- and trying to sell them their services and provide examples like our questions here in the forum.

I also develop sites for some clients who I don't want any connection with.

Rob

If you're going to post links, and you're concerned about the security of those links, use a URL masking site such as http://tinyurl.com/.

We cannot change the conditions of the forums to suit anyone's wish for privacy.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

webmktco

I just logged out and can still access the forum.  The only difference is that the mods' responses are blocked.  

Danny

Hi,

Unfortunately, we are not going to stop the forum from being indexed. If you do not want your clients site URLs being indexed, use a URL shortener such as tinyurl.

Please search our forums, before posting!

webmktco

Sorry to hear that, but w/ the last few weeks, I'm not surprised.  

Maybe it would incentivize you guys to only allow members to access this forum- since prospective buyers wouldn't see the debacle of how you handled DMS.   ;)

Rob

As we've said, the forum is not going to be altered. 

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Danny

Sorry to hear that, but w/ the last few weeks, I'm not surprised.  

Maybe it would incentivize you guys to only allow members to access this forum- since prospective buyers wouldn't see the debacle of how you handled DMS.   ;)

We take all negative comments, posts on the chin and hiding them from public viewing is being quite deceptive and that isn't the ethos of PageLines. If you find all your posts containing your clients links, I will remove those for you.

Please search our forums, before posting!