This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to Modify sidebar width?

2 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out how to widen my right sidebar in Platform 1.4.3 so that I can place some ads there. I have tried changing the width in the settings tab (now set to 350px), and while that changes the width of the sidebar's appearance, the content I am trying to upload will still not fit. I need an allotment of at least 258 px, so according to my settings tab, I should have enough space. I'm wondering if there's a default alloted space that I need to manually change somewhere? Here's a link to the site:

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm a novice with this stuff, so please be clear in your instructions.

Platform is a deprecated product, no longer supported in these forums.

You should now purchase or use DMS.  Limited support is available for the Lite (free) edition, so if you need help you'll want the basic plan, which is only $10 a month.

Sidebar width is controlled by settings or CSS.

I'm afraid that's the extent of the support I can give you, this once.

• Similar Content

• Blog sidebar and previous entries
      By Digital805
      Hello, Some differences between WHv3 and v6 is I can't figure out how to activate the sidebar widgets area. Also, I don't see previous entries at the bottom of my posts page that allows users to continue looking through posts. Can you help me with these?
    • Section not in editor, showing up on live site
      By abuzzelli+
      I have a site that is showing a rapidtabs section in the sidebar when the DMS editor is inactive. When DMS editor is active it's gone. I don't want it to be there, but I can't figure out how to get to it in order to delete it. Any ideas?
    • Styling secondary sidebar in Widgetizer area
      By emilyf+
      Hi there!
      I have a "catalog" section on my site and I need to override the default text in the sidebar, which is hard to read. The sidebar was created with the Sidebar & Widget Manager for Wordpress. It's in a Widgetizer section. So far, I've done the following, to no avail:
      Added a custom styling class = .shopsidebar Added the following to Custom CSS: #site.shopsidebar a {
          color: #000;
          font-family: 'Franklin Gothic Medium', Arial, sans-serif;
          font-size: 18px;
      Sorry if this is way basic - but, what am I doing wrong? This does not show any changes on the front end of my site.
    • boxes and sidebar floating outside global content width
      By liberatedspaces
      My site ( started having a couple of weird problems on my home page all of a sudden, without me doing anything. It's run on the latest version of Pagelines Framework.
      1. My Facebook widget that is set to the secondary sidebar to the right of the page content (the info and Open Table widget) is dropping down into the box section
      2. The box section below the content is no longer conforming to the global content width set to 960px in the Site Option Layout Editor and stretching out to the edge of the browser on both sides.
      Any help would be much appreciated!

• Sidebar Column Randomly Disappear from Templates
      By canadvo
      Hi there,
      This is a "phantom" problem we've had on our site since we upgraded to DMS2 eight or nine months ago.
      We have a large site and depend on the template system for almost all of our pages/posts. Typically it is a two column setup, with one containing the post loop/breadcrumbs, and the other column containing a widgetizer that displays the appropriate sidebar. Seemingly at random, the entire sidebar column will disappear from a template, leaving only the main column with post loop. We've never been able to isolate the problem or duplicate it. Sometimes, it happens to templates applied to pages that we haven't edited or even visited in quite some time. Sometimes, it will happen to templates we edited/published in the previous few days.
      I've never felt moved to post about this because the issue is impossible to predict, but it just now happened before my very eyes.
      I had just published a page that did not have a template applied. I wanted to apply the template we use on our "about us" pages, but I wasn't sure what it was called. I clicked on a page that had the template in question applied. All elements were present, the template was fine. Once I had the template name, I navigated back and loaded the correct template on the newly-edited page. When the page refreshed, the template had loaded without the sidebar column. I stopped and switched to Firefox (where I was logged out) and found that all pages within that template suddenly had no sidebar.
      I understand that this is an issue that is hard to provide support for, given that I've never been able to replicate it at will. Is this a problem others have had? Were there any plugins identified as a potential culprit? We have no cache plugins installed.